DI's Hit hard
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DI's Hit hard

DI's Hit hard

I had a couple people telling me not to belive a word my recruiter says about DI's touchin you, I talked to a guy that said he forgot to put his go-fasts on in the morning, and he got stuck right in the face. Fractured his cheek bone and all. Pretty hardcore, but im not worried about it. Im leaving tommorow no matter what, wish me luck guys.

The DI are there to train you so that you and the Marine next to you will no that a mistake how small can cost a life. So no matter what small thing that is not done right it is his responability to get you going and to not mess up. I wish you the best and hope to here from you upon your return as a Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good luck to you DJ looks like your shipping early. Dont give them a reason and they wont lol. That guy lied he probably fell down and didnt want to admit it . I hope that you enjoy your Christmas it will be one that you never forget. I wish that you had joined here sooner. Make sure that you check back in when you return a Marine. OORAH!!!

Jim

I told my recruiter before going to MEPS , that I wanted to go in ASAP. So He called me tuesday saying I was leaving sunday. Ive talked to many Marines who have gone through the training, and about 90% of them tell me I will hate it, and that it will be the worse time of my life. I look at every last one of them in the eye, and tell them that its up to me to decide, not them. Im going in there to be a Marine, and I WILL be leaving a Marine. And all of you will hearing back from me. First Battalion Delta Company.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OORAH!! you have got moto

In "Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click" the Drill Instructors definitely get physical with the recruits, they don't actually hit them with closed fist punches but they'll get elbowed, "accidentally" walked into with a lot of force, etc.

Im not worried about. Bring it on.

I wouldn't focus on it. The important thing is becoming a Marine. All this other kinda stuff is centered around that. (IMO)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHA! The horror..................the horror!

Good luck and just don't give one reason to do it to you and you'll be OK. If something like that happened to the guy you talked to, he deserved it - what idiot forgets to put his freakin' shoes on in the morning? He probably DID fall - if he was nervous enough to forget his shoes, he was probably a nervous wreck when the DI busted him and just fell trying to figure out how he was going to get out of whatever was coming at him. That's funny as hell!Grasshoppa learned his lesson though, I'll bet. HAHAHAHA!

One thing that I've noticed...

None of you Marines have flat out said that they don't hit you.

So I'm just going to do what I'm told and hope I stay unscathed. If not, I'll man up and at least I'll learn the Marine Corps way and not some sissy civilian way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now back in the "old days" it was not unknown for a Drill Instructor to give a recruit a bit of a tap, but I never saw one hit anyone in the face, except for maybe a slap. Usually it was in the solar plexus, hurts like hell no matter who you are and doesn't do any lasting damage or leave a mark. This was illegal even in my day and some entire Drill Instructor teams were relieved pending charges of striking a subordinate. It doesn't look good on the Sgt.s' records and being caught up in something like that can't help your career. Since, I think, most Marines that go for the funny hat are long term types, I don't think they would ruin their career out of a fit of temper. I have heard that they no longer lay hands on boots, but they said that in my day too. From what I've seen on this forum, most recruits now are in shape and highly motivated therefore there should be no reason to "tune them up". Not saying you can't get a real psychotic as a Drill Instructor, but I think it is much less likely in todays' Corps and would be dealt with quickly, as I said, in my day the entire team was charged, you couldn't bring charges against just one-thus giving the other Drill Instructors a lot of reason to keep an eye on each other. Oddly, everyone I talked to in those days had exactly the same story-A Sr. Drill Instructor who was OK if you didn't do something stupid, a Jr. Drill Instructor who was very much like that( and sometimes halfass nice) and the other Jr. who was a sadistic, always PO'd, psycho. In hind sight this worked well, you might want to hang the psycho, but you didn't really want to hurt your Sr. and "good" Jr. The Corps is pretty smart when you ain't watching close. Best advice "Mouth SHUT, Ears OPEN". Good luck, don't do anything stupid enough to get smacked for! You may notice, that to this day I never refer to a Drill Instructor as a DI-won't tell you how I learned that lesson so well!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You ask for us to wish you luck But my motto is "With LUCK there is opportunity for failure" As a MARINE there is no room for failure.
    I have served in the Air Force for 7 yrs now and will be crossing over to the Marines at the end of the year. So with that being said I will see you soon Marine.
    You will not fail and will be one of the elite soon enough

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went through boot in 1967 I was never touched by a DI nor did I witness anyone else being touched. They never swore or used profanity towards us. What happened in the platoon stayed in the platoon.

I took a nose dive on the stairs (ladder) leading up to the squad bay. The heavy made me tell everyone that he hit me when someone asked what happned.

There was a little "touching" when I was in, but it wasn't too drastic. IF anything major happened, it was a big deal. A DI went to correct my position at 'Present Arms' and the rifle smacked me in the face. I was questioned about what happened and then asked to sign a form stating whether I thought the DI had done it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    I went through boot in 1967 I was never touched by a DI nor did I witness anyone else being touched. They never swore or used profanity towards us. What happened in the platoon stayed in the platoon.
    And that says it all right there.

Thread Information