Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Marine Conscientious Objector?????

Marine Seeking Discharge Sent to Iraq
    By Associated Press
    Fri Nov 24, 8:00 AM

PHILADLPHIA - A Marine from New Jersey was deployed to Iraq this month despite being recommended for a military discharge by a hearing officer who agreed that he should receive conscientious objector status.

Marine Lance Cpl. John Rogowskyj Jr., of Pennsauken, is one of a handful of conscientious objectors trying to get out of the military. He has taken his case to federal court in Washington, where he is pressing for an immediate separation.

"I believe that God has given man free will," he said in legal documents. "By surrendering my will to the military, I realize that I have willfully propagated violence."

Rogowskyj, now 22, joined the Marine Corps Reserve in 2002. He was ordered to active duty the next year and submitted a request for a conscientious objector discharge this year. He described himself as a religious humanist who does not belong to any organized religion.

"I see now that I must separate from the military with all due haste, or suffer without the forgiveness of grace, for defying the truth that I see plainly before me, that violence as a means or end cannot be tolerated," said Rogowskyj.

In October, a Marine captain who served as the hearing officer recommended that Rogowskyj be discharged. Then in June, a major said he could still serve noncombat duty. But Maj. Gen. D.V. Odell Jr., commander of the Fourth Marine Division ruled in August that Rogowskyj was "theologically confused and does not reflect any officially recognized faith group."

And on Nov. 2, he deployed to Iraq.

"He's not supposed to be there (Iraq)," his lawyer, Eugene R. Fidell, told The Philadelphia Inquirer for Friday's newspapers.

The military says the number of conscientious objectors in the military is minute _ about .01 percent of the nearly 500,000-member Army and a similarly small proportion of the Marine Corps.

"The nation is at war and the vast, vast majority of our soldiers serve honorably in and out of combat," said Lt. Col. Bryan Hilferty, an Army spokesman. "Those very few soldiers who are genuine conscientious objectors are either discharged or moved to a noncombatant position."

But J.E. McNeil, executive director of the nonprofit Center for Conscience and War in Washington, said Rogowskyj's request is not as unusual as the military would make it seem.

"They only count the C.O. applications when they are done," she said. "When somebody applies, it takes 18 months."

Information from: The Philadelphia Inquirer, http://www.philly.com

that coward is a disgrace to America and the United States Marines.

Him and his lawyer (???) both need to have their nuts cut off just under the chin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went to Vietnam with VMA-211 during the 1972 Easter Offensive, along with VMA-311 and other MAG-12 elements. Shortly after arriving, and a few rocket attacks later, two idiots in VMA-311 decided they were COs.

They were transferred to the MABS-12 engineer detachment and spent the rest of their overseas tour filling sandbags and maintaining bunkers, a minimum of 12-hrs per day, seven days per week. They got no days off and no R&R. Both were corporals and were frequently assigned to details supervised by lance corporals. Luckily for both, they already had about seven or eight months in on their tour so they didn't have to shovel dirt the whole time MAG-12 was in-country (nine months). They were shunned by everyone I knew and spoken to only to be given orders. I considered them the scum of the earth (still do).

They did stick to their guns and never recanted their CO claim despite the slave labor conditions.

Credits
    Savings
    This D****m Scum Sucker needs to be granted his CO status and put his ass in The Brig for the rest of his enlistment. He sure as Hell won't have to kill anybody there. Then Discharge him with a Fully Accredited DISHONORABLE. It's a**holes like this that suck life out of socity.

WELL, DUH!! What did these *******s think they were joining? The whole purpose of the military is to kill, maim and destroy the opposition. Give the SOB a UD (along with the rest of his ilk).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Big Chicken Dinner's for all the OC's if you ask me. Screw 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    I went to Vietnam with VMA-211 during the 1972 Easter Offensive, along with VMA-311 and other MAG-12 elements. Shortly after arriving, and a few rocket attacks later, two idiots in VMA-311 decided they were COs.

They were transferred to the MABS-12 engineer detachment and spent the rest of their overseas tour filling sandbags and maintaining bunkers, a minimum of 12-hrs per day, seven days per week. They got no days off and no R&R. Both were corporals and were frequently assigned to details supervised by lance corporals. Luckily for both, they already had about seven or eight months in on their tour so they didn't have to shovel dirt the whole time MAG-12 was in-country (nine months). They were shunned by everyone I knew and spoken to only to be given orders. I considered them the scum of the earth (still do).

They did stick to their guns and never recanted their CO claim despite the slave labor conditions.
    lol thats actually a little bit respectable...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They should have to stay and carry out the rest of their contract. They joined the Marine Corp, went through Boot Camp, went to their MOS school. Now when they feel like they will be activevated they do the CO thing. Naw this is the little whimpy way of doing it, section 8 bull crap. If they don't stand their duty, Brig time or worse hard time. Sound off Marines.

Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHMH
    They should have to stay and carry out the rest of their contract. They joined the Marine Corp, went through Boot Camp, went to their MOS school. Now when they feel like they will be activevated they do the CO thing. Naw this is the little whimpy way of doing it, section 8 bull crap. If they don't stand their duty, Brig time or worse hard time. Sound off Marines.

Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss
    I agree completely....dont get me wrong I only said it was a tiny bit respectable because they at least didn't cave due to the slave labor conditions.

Credits
    Savings
    Send him to Leavenworth, put him in general population, and leak the word that he's a child molester. If he survives the amount of time that's left on his contract, give him his Dishonorable.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINWILLIAM
    WELL, DUH!! What did these *******s think they were joining? The whole purpose of the military is to kill, maim and destroy the opposition. Give the SOB a UD (along with the rest of his ilk).

The key word here is "joined", not drafted, not forced to serve. They entered a contract they had no intention of honoring. They are guilty of fraud, if nothing else. Apparently they learned nothing about honor or brotherhood in Boot Camp. They thought they could get what they wanted out of the gov and never have to pay for it. The same thing hapened in the 1st Gulf War; some army doctor decided they couldn't participate even though she had been put through med school by the army. I believe she was forced to pay back the cost of her schooling. Should have been more. These clowns should not be forced to deploy (who could trust them), they should be liable for civil and criminal charges to the fullest extent possible. Make an example of them and make sure everyone knows about it before signing their enlistment contract.

This guy joined the reserves thinking all he had to do was go to meetings and collect a check. Supprise, Supprise, now he has to do something for the check. I doubt his clam of being a CO., its more like being a coward.

These *******s knew what they were getting into when they signed their enlistment contract. THEN, the **** hits the fan (COMBAT), and their yellow stripes start to glisten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings

Question Hmmm

Just Curious

Has anyone ever figured out yet which is better, a dead hero or a live coward

Thread Information