Dems are working for an openly gay military - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is ridiculous. Whatever happened to judging a Marine based on their ability to carry out the mission? We've got "light green" and "dark green" to replace all that other racial bullsh*t, so why is this any different. Just 'cause a guy is gay doesn't mean he's going to attempt to rape you in the rain room. Sounds to me like a lot of ingrown prejudice is taking an irrational root here. Old habits may be hard to break, but then that's what boot camp is for.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinSoFree
    What kind of a statement is that? "The Democrats hate the military." Really? Then it must also be true that the Republicans all oppose gay marraige. All Frenchmen must also hate Americans without exception, and everyone from China must also be a communist at heart.

Ridiculous generalizations get no one anywhere.
    I'm getting to the point where I don't expect much more out of this forum, or any other that caters to the "military." Every problem is based on the liberals, the democrats, or the gays. What a load, and what a way to absolve oneself of any sort of personal responsibility.

Everyone talks a good game about brotherhood and the like, but the second some of these birds find out you didn't vote for the same guy they did, or that you don't have the same views on some of these social issues, they start to act like you've got two loose upstairs. You'd think they put liberals in the same categories as child molesters. Shesh. Whatever happened to the oath we took to defend the people of this country to have their own ideas about how things should be? Remember that? So why the vehemence when someone disagrees? Don't like a liberal anti-war activist? Then don't enlist, because that's who you're promising to protect. This anti-civilian crap is really starting to cross the line.

Take this gay thing for instance. Really, if you're in a fighting hole with another Marine, and rounds are coming down at you, are you going to care about whether that Marine is straight? About the only straight I'd be worrying about from that Marine in that moment has to do with the rounds they're putting down range. Same way that I don't give a good godd*mn about who they pray to, who they vote for, what they like to eat, whether they smoke or use tobacco at all, what music they listen to, what color of skin they have, whether they did something stupid as a kid and got in trouble with the law, where they come from or grew up, whether they use a Mac, PC, or something else, if they speak any other languages, or any of that other useless and ultimately insignificant trash. My primary consideration is whether this guy can save the lives of those Marines around him if necessary, and whether he's going to be an asset to get the mission accomplished. And THAT'S IT. As long as he's not destroying troop welfare, giving the Corps a bad name, or doing anything blatantly illegal, then I don't care.

Look: ours is a professional organization. Who someone sleeps with, or any of that other stuff, has no bearing on their profession. So why does it matter? Heterosexuals (myself strongly included) volunteer to put our sex lives on hold when we go into the military sometimes (e.g., boot camp, deployment, etc). If a homosexual is willing to do the same thing, then who cares? I say, if the guy (or girl) can make it through the training and conduct himself professionally, then let him.

It appears that "Tolerance" and "Diversity" training has worked well. I believe that it started back in the '60s or '70s as, "I'm ok, you're ok". It has reached fruition. Why even have a military code of conduct if "Anything goes"?

It's a commentary of what Amercan society and it's institutions have become and it reads like a tabloid rag.

The starter of this thread said it well with just one word in the first post---

"Sad...."

Quote Originally Posted by DanCross
    I'm getting to the point where I don't expect much more out of this forum, or any other that caters to the "military." Every problem is based on the liberals, the democrats, or the gays. What a load, and what a way to absolve oneself of any sort of personal responsibility.

Everyone talks a good game about brotherhood and the like, but the second some of these birds find out you didn't vote for the same guy they did, or that you don't have the same views on some of these social issues, they start to act like you've got two loose upstairs. You'd think they put liberals in the same categories as child molesters. Shesh. Whatever happened to the oath we took to defend the people of this country to have their own ideas about how things should be? Remember that? So why the vehemence when someone disagrees? Don't like a liberal anti-war activist? Then don't enlist, because that's who you're promising to protect. This anti-civilian crap is really starting to cross the line.

Take this gay thing for instance. Really, if you're in a fighting hole with another Marine, and rounds are coming down at you, are you going to care about whether that Marine is straight? About the only straight I'd be worrying about from that Marine in that moment has to do with the rounds they're putting down range. Same way that I don't give a good godd*mn about who they pray to, who they vote for, what they like to eat, whether they smoke or use tobacco at all, what music they listen to, what color of skin they have, whether they did something stupid as a kid and got in trouble with the law, where they come from or grew up, whether they use a Mac, PC, or something else, if they speak any other languages, or any of that other useless and ultimately insignificant trash. My primary consideration is whether this guy can save the lives of those Marines around him if necessary, and whether he's going to be an asset to get the mission accomplished. And THAT'S IT. As long as he's not destroying troop welfare, giving the Corps a bad name, or doing anything blatantly illegal, then I don't care.

Look: ours is a professional organization. Who someone sleeps with, or any of that other stuff, has no bearing on their profession. So why does it matter? Heterosexuals (myself strongly included) volunteer to put our sex lives on hold when we go into the military sometimes (e.g., boot camp, deployment, etc). If a homosexual is willing to do the same thing, then who cares? I say, if the guy (or girl) can make it through the training and conduct himself professionally, then let him.
    Well IM getting sick of all this "progressive mindset" happy horse ****. The Corps is not a democracy. We are not civilians, and we do not change our values just to stay in sink with the flavor of the week. I cannot believe the amount of resistance some of these Marines are putting up to this subject...

I was born and raised in Seattle Wa. A city whose soul was stolen by liberal types from California. It is no longer the city I grew up in. White Males are emasculated into being women. The streets are paved with granola. ever since the "revolutionary" 60s our country has been in a downward spiral. Everything associated with Hetero White Males is some how bad. I joined the Marine Corps because it was the strongest branch of the military, with the most "old-school" outlook. I suggest if you want a diverse and understanding lifestyle, dont just wait for your EAS, go UA. Im sure the peaceniks out there will shelter you from the law. Just keep that **** out of the Marine Corps

And BTW... I would hate to be the openly gay guy comming to a grunt unit. It hard enough being a straight guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    Well IM getting sick of all this "progressive mindset" happy horse ****. The Corps is not a democracy. We are not civilians, and we do not change our values just to stay in sink with the flavor of the week. I cannot believe the amount of resistance some of these Marines are putting up to this subject...

I was born and raised in Seattle Wa. A city whose soul was stolen by liberal types from California. It is no longer the city I grew up in. White Males are emasculated into being women. The streets are paved with granola. ever since the "revolutionary" 60s our country has been in a downward spiral. Everything associated with Hetero White Males is some how bad. I joined the Marine Corps because it was the strongest branch of the military, with the most "old-school" outlook. I suggest if you want a diverse and understanding lifestyle, dont just wait for your EAS, go UA. Im sure the peaceniks out there will shelter you from the law. Just keep that **** out of the Marine Corps

And BTW... I would hate to be the openly gay guy comming to a grunt unit. It hard enough being a straight guy.....
    So let me get this straight: you're suggesting that another Marine go UA because you don't agree with his politics? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard before in my life. If not, then be careful when you through that word "you" around: I'm not gay, nor do I need a "diverse and understanding lifestyle."

Like it or not, the Marine Corps reflects the society it protects. That society is getting to the point where it doesn't care whether someone is gay or not. You don't like that? Too bad. Trying to keep "them" out of the Corps is misapplied effort at best. If you joined the Marine Corps to get away from all the "liberal bullsh*t" then that again is mis-applied effort because our JOB as Marines is to protect those people so they can continue to be "happy liberal progressives" that "spew their horse sh*t." Remember we swore an OATH to defend the constitution, which means by extension defending the bill of rights, which means defending freedom of speech, which means tolerating a lot of the things people say that we don't like. To paraphrase Voltaire, "I may hate what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

As for gays in grunt units; I hate to break it to you, but there are probably one or two there already.

Is your only real argument against it that you think it's morally bankrupt, and therefore, shouldn't be permitted? Let me ask: who are you to judge? Any argument that says, "Well, I see the liberal propoganda has worked..." is just hot air and has no substance.

The only time the Corps drafted was for about 2 years 66-68. I went thru boot with two guys that was drafted in 1968. I bunked with one of them, Don klinganpil. He always reminded me that I enlisted and He did not. So asked for all the harsh treatment and He had not.

[/quote]

So let me get this straight: you're suggesting that another Marine go UA because you don't agree with his politics?
    Not one Marine in particular. However, I am saying that if there are Marines here that are crying about the Corps being such a "bigoted" organization, then yes I am sugesting they go UA. We dont need them.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard before in my life.
    Your post is some of the most disgusting P.C. rhetoric I have ever heard, so we are even.
    If not, then be careful when you through that word "you" around: I'm not gay, nor do I need a "diverse and understanding lifestyle."
    I can concede to you on this one. I didnt mean you personally.

Like it or not, the Marine Corps reflects the society it protects.
    What Marine Corps are you a part of? In what world do you get thrown in jail for quiting your job? How about testng positive for drugs, or even cheating on your wife? Oh yeah, you DONT go to jail for any of that stuff unless its the military.
    That society is getting to the point where it doesn't care whether someone is gay or not.
    If that were true, this wouldnt be such a heated issue would it?
    You don't like that? Too bad. Trying to keep "them" out of the Corps is misapplied effort at best. If you joined the Marine Corps to get away from all the "liberal bullsh*t" then that again is mis-applied effort because our JOB as Marines is to protect those people so they can continue to be "happy liberal progressives" that "spew their horse sh*t."
    I agree but I dont have to like it.

Remember we swore an OATH to defend the constitution, which means by extension defending the bill of rights, which means defending freedom of speech, which means tolerating a lot of the things people say that we don't like. To paraphrase Voltaire, "I may hate what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    Your rights as a Marine are far different from those stated in the bill of rights. It is not a RIGHT to serve. The military can and should deny gays from openly serving in my opinion. You swore to uphold the UCMJ and yet you are making excuses for those who defy articles 125, and 83

As for gays in grunt units; I hate to break it to you, but there are probably one or two there already.
    There is one guy that people wonder about, and his life is hell on earth. If he were to "come-out" he would be destroyed. Im not even saying I would agree with it, its just how young men are. They find a weakness and once they smell blood they dismantle them. This argument applies to some straight men too. Homosexuality just being the issue right now.

Is your only real argument against it that you think it's morally bankrupt, and therefore, shouldn't be permitted?
    I will tell you what my argument is thank you, but I dont hate gays. I just dont want them in the Corps.
    Let me ask: who are you to judge?
    Using the same logic, who are you to judge me? I am standing up for years of Marine Corps tradition. The number one weapon of the libtard is P.C. and it doesnt have any affect on me.

Take this gay thing for instance. Really, if you're in a fighting hole with another Marine, and rounds are coming down at you, are you going to care about whether that Marine is straight? About the only straight I'd be worrying about from that Marine in that moment has to do with the rounds they're putting down range.
    Switch and bait. Most people can't see tese tactics. You removed the gay person from being to blame and forced the straight guy to look at himself in a shameful way for thinkin in this manner.

The problem isn't weather or not I would accept a flaming transexual in a firefight next to me while rounds are wizzing past my head. I couldn't care if Bruce was wearing a tiara at that point. The problem would have been resolved prior to enlistment when we didn't let him join thus freeing up that slot and giving it to a straight guy who will represent my Corps and ideals to the best of his ability. The problem isn't going to resolve itself because he can fire his rifle in a firefight. A women can do this but we don't make them 03's now do we?

Credits
    Savings
    The Marine Corps has it groups. As long as their as there is a good mix, things will go along relatively sooth.

Get to many whites, the blacks will come up short, get to many blacks the opposite. Same with the gays, southerners, Hispanics, etc.

When I was servicing home refrigerators, I had all of the above individuals to deal with and then some, on a one to one basis, no problem. Once a gay started that homo sh*t with me and I told him I was going to break both his legs if he took a step toward me; the poor guy actually got sick and started vomiting. I was younger then and didn't give a sh*t, but now that I'm older and hopefully a little wiser, I can see that these guys are really different mentally and not to be abused just because they are different.

Once I was called to repair a refrigerator at a party and this real feminine type started asking me do I approve of gays with the crowd (gays) watching on. Oh-oh, I consider my self a fair BS'er so I humored him. He kept pushing the envelope about gays with me and then I finally told him, "my sons brother-in-law is gay". Everyone backed off and let me finish the job. Go figure ?

My point being, if your going to have unit cohesion in a mixed society as ours, you gotta be careful who you are grouping together.

I'd sure hate to be the only one in a group of any of the above excepting my own kind. I imagine anybody smart enough to get into a situation as part of a general group, unless he's a glutton for punishment, is not going to openly be someone totally different than the group, i.e. gay.

Don't ask don't tell !

SF
    10thzodiac

So what happens when gays are allowed to be open, and then transexuals want it -- they have a penis but theyre legally a female. Will we let them rack with females? Go to the female head? Wear female blues? Where does it stop all you people who are all for allowing gays?

Semper Fi Brothers.

Amen Brother...................

Credits
    Savings

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hobson
    So what happens when gays are allowed to be open, and then transexuals want it -- they have a penis but theyre legally a female. Will we let them rack with females? Go to the female head? Wear female blues? Where does it stop all you people who are all for allowing gays?

Semper Fi Brothers.
    When I worked at Brach Candies in Chicago they had an older gentleman in the office that started coming to work dressed as a woman, they actually made a separate bathroom for him/her.

Of course when he/she came to the cafeteria, the maintenance guys (tough guys) had a field day laughing, giggling and heckling.

A fellow former Marine was one of the biggest hecklers and even put a sign on he/she's bathroom, "The thing !"

He/she committed suicide.

This former Marine was also partially the blame for another suicide too, an older gentleman in his sheet metal shop who wanted to be friends with everybody, was a little absentminded and liked working second shift. He organized the shop to push him onto first shift against his will, because of his little absentmindedness.

He's lucky Bruno didn't come to work and blow his brains out too, instead he done it in a hotel nearby to himself.

When the second shift sheet metal shop found out what Bruno did, they all punched out before starting their shift that Saturday and went home.

I liked Bruno, RIP

Moral of this story, "some people get their Dicks hard ****** with other peoples lives." Hope you are proud of yourselves.

Thats not Semper Fidelis in my opinion, just horray for me and fuk you !

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    When I worked at Brach Candies in Chicago they had an older gentleman in the office that started coming to work dressed as a woman, they actually made a separate bathroom for him/her.

Of course when he/she came to the cafeteria, the maintenance guys (tough guys) had a field day laughing, giggling and heckling.

A fellow former Marine was one of the biggest hecklers and even put a sign on he/she's bathroom, "The thing !"

He/she committed suicide.

This former Marine was also partially the blame for another suicide too, an older gentleman in his sheet metal shop who wanted to be friends with everybody, was a little absentminded and liked working second shift. He organized the shop to push him onto first shift against his will, because of his little absentmindedness.

He's lucky Bruno didn't come to work and blow his brains out too, instead he done it in a hotel nearby to himself.

When the second shift sheet metal shop found out what Bruno did, they all punched out before starting their shift that Saturday and went home.

I liked Bruno, RIP

Moral of this story, "some people get their Dicks hard ****** with other peoples lives." Hope you are proud of yourselves.

Thats not Semper Fidelis in my opinion, just horray for me and fuk you !
    Maybe if people concentrated on fixing the problem we could all move along. The left would rather just accept the problem. These people need our help not our acceptance or tolerance. Do we accept alcoholics? We shouldn't. We should try and help them. Do we accept drug addicts? Not usually. We should try and help them. Behaviours that are bad for people and society as a whole shouldn't be shunned but addressed. It's very hard with this one though. Some will tell you it is gentic in an attempt to justify it. That ain't helping. Others tell you to ignore it as it is a viable alternative life style. That ain't helping either. Until we realize that this is a problem that needs attention it will not get fixed. Especially with the attitudes we have today.

Acceptance is when you have had enough and you throw in the towel.

Alexander The Great. Perhaps you didnt read the part about his relationship with his military. Back then they didnt realy understand homo. I wont fight next to a Sugar Cookie.

pelosi is already at work taking care of the illegals and the gays in Frisco. NOW, if you feel femine in Frisco, you can use the women's restroom even if you still have your male plumbing - I SAY BS. Some hairylegged fag goes in the restroom with my granddaughter is going to be talking real high-pitched when I get through thumping his ass!!!!!!!
    THAT GENTLEMEN IS CARRY THIS GAY **** TOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no problem with gays JUST DON'T PUSH THIS **** ON ME!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Thread Information