Marine Corps info trivia "game" - Page 14
Create Post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Wow, thats crazy. It's really a bowling ball? When I was researching everything, I didnt even accidentally stumble across that whitch is normally how I find things lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Funny how open discussion invokes memories. I was giving a class on the proper sequence of events for morning colors at 1/5 ... they included ringing a bell 5 minutes prior to colors and then colors was played across the camp while the flag was raised.

During this particular period of instruction we all learned that the bell was held up by a bolt running through the clapper. You guessed it the dam thing fell to the ground while demonstrating how it should be rung. Now this is no ordinary bell you would think of but a great big 1,000 lb brass bell. 5 Marines scrambling around trying to get that thing off the ground when the Rg SgtMaj shows up to give us extra encouragement. We finally got the dang thing back in place and spent that day and every day for a month polishing it. If you are ever in San Meteo that bell still hangs there and the big chip on the bottem is from a young Sergeant teaching Marines how to do colors.

When your on ship just remember :

When leaving a naval vessel : Salute the flag , salute the fag.

When boarding a naval vessel: Salute the fag, salute the flag.

Semper Fi Animals.

AS I WAS!!!!

Reverse it ! Sorry if I offended any fags.

A while ago a Warrior on here asked about the 7 belt loops on the trousers. As far as I know they represent the 7 seas. NCO's or SNCO's correct me if I'm wrong.

Q. What do the 8 points on the utility Garrison cover represent?

Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    But to answer your question it was

General Archibal Henderson
    he was a col. It is true that he was breveted to brigadear general but thats on honorary rank

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sephiroth
    Since the Sergeant didn't ask a question..

Write down all your General Order (Including the unofficial 12th) and the easy way to remember them. Also write them down as if you're reciting them to a drill instructor.

1. Sir, This recruits first general order is to take charge of this post and all government property in view, Sir.
    2 Sir, This recruits second general order is to walk his post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert an observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing, Sir.
    3. Sir, This recruits third general order is to report all violations of orders he is instructed to enforce, Sir.
    4. Sir, this recruits fourth general order is to repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than his own, Sir.
    5. Sir, this recruits fifth general order is to quit his post only when properly relieved, Sir.
    6. Sir, this recruits sixth general order is to receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves him, all orders from the commanding officer, officer of the day, and officers and noncommissioned officers of the guard only, Sir.
    7. Sir, this recruits seventh general order is to talk to no one except in the line of duty, Sir.
    8. Sir, this recruits eighth general order is to give the alarm in case of fire or disorder, Sir.
    9. Sir, this recruits ninth general order is to call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions, Sir.
    10. Sir, this recruits tenth general order is to salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased, Sir.
    11. Sir, this recruits eleventh general order is to be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority, Sir.
    12. Sir, this recruits twelfth general order is to walk his post from flank to flank and not take **** from any rank, Sir.

Thread Information