"Medal of Honor"
Create Post

Exclamation "Medal of Honor"

Don't know if anyone can help,But I have to give it a try !!!Hi, I have been trying for years to locate a Marine that I served with,but it seem's that he has fell off the face of this earth !! We were both in Platoon 3026-MCRD San Diego, till Aug. 1966.After that we went to NAS Millington Tenn. for Aviation School--MOS 6341--After that I went to MCAS Cherry Point, And he went to MCAF New River. I left for Viet-Nam in Nov. 67-And he left for Viet-Nam in Dec,67. After we got Incountry, we got split-up, I went to MAG-13 down in Chu-Lai, And he went to MAG-16, up at Marbel Mountion . I have not seen or heard from him since. Now this is not your every-day Marine , by that I mean he is the only Buck Pvt. Marine to be awarded the " Medal Of Honer" in Viet-Nam on 31 January,1970 By stepping off of a Perfectley good CH-47 Helicopter, not once, but 6 times, to rescue 18 wounded Marines that day. The Marine that I am looking for is Raymond M . Clausen Jr. and his home-town of record is Hammond, Louisiana !! If any-one knows him, or how I could get a-hold of him, Please let me know, I will be for-ever in your debt !!! Semper - Fi , And may GOD Bless all of our Troops , That are in Harm's Way Today !!! Summited By Paul Andreas II--SGT. USMC--2311774--1966/1976--2 tours--Viet-Nam

Hey Sir I am sorry to tell you this but PFC Raymond Clausen according to the Marine Corps Medal of Honor Recipent Web site passed away at the age of 56 on May 30 2004 at Baylor University Medical center in Dallas, TX he was laid to rest at Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Semper Fi Sir

Semper Fi Marine

Exclamation "Letter Of Thank's"

To Marine "0313" To you sir, a mighty thank you !!! I have tried to find to find Raymond for many years, and sadly to say to late, but now I know that he did'nt fall off the face of this earth, but that he is now Resting Peacefully in it. May God rest his soul ! I don't know how you found him so fast, but than, any good Marine knows how to use there head when the going get's tough ! As for me, I guess the years,or Beers,are starting to catch up with me. Again, Thank You , And when I get down to Wichita, next time, I will look you up, and maybe buy you a cold beer, and have a toast to Raymond ! Signed- Paul Andreas II Sgt. USMC

To Outlaw 3179, Amen to that brother, and Simper-Fi

http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/clausen.html

A small tribute to a dear friend and a fellow Marine.
    Who would E-Mail now and than, he once related that it had been an insanity.
    Once maybe, but to do six times, once after a mine went off, killing one Marine and injuring a few more.
    No that was no insanity, "Mike" it was your love for your fellow Marines.

Mike you might have been quoting this;
    And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call war insane,
    take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.
    From a letter/poem
    By Major Michael O'Donnell
    KIA March 24, 1970
    Dak To, Vietnam

Yes Mike wars are an insanity to mankind.
    The few hours that I had the pleasure to speak with you about our service in Vietnam.
    Me/I telling you;
    "That as a veteran of that war, I could understand why you chose only to fly medivac's on your second tour.
    You wanted to save lifes not take another human's life."
    Sitting here remembering "rmcbstmoh"...men and women sometimes touch your life and they imprint something in your soul, beyond any thing that money can buy.
    Our tour of MCRD Parris Island, was one of those time.
    You saved 11 Marines that day, that you call an insanity.
    I chose to call it a day a Marine did what Marines do

Render you the honors that this Nation should have in your final hours.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Semper Fidelis because you chose to live those words on a day of insanity.

Anytime your in Wichita i will be ready Sir

Thank you

Correction on the address of my web page in honor of PFC Raymond "Mike" Clausen Jr. U

The tour was what we call a Command Post Exercise (CPX), it was just a gathering of Marines from several States.
    2000 was the first time that I had seen MCRD PI as I was a "Hollywood Marine"...

Thread Information