Force Recon, Navy SEALS - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amazing,,,,, This thread lays around here for 3 years, and picked up like it's shiny new. How 'bout a new batch of popcorn, 84?

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY SPARKIE!! How come FROGGY, and the newbee, haven't filled out their profiles?? In that case......I'm a SEAL, with a Navy Cross, MOH, and 8 P.H.'s!!!!.....POSERS????......DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc,,, We all know you're posin as a human,,,,,,LOL. Check the age of this thread. It's so old, we may as well turn it into a playground.

Amen Sparkie,but I can't hold back commenting.This young man first has to join the navy and go through their boot camp and enter into a contract with the navy and then apply for the seal program. In Vietnam in 68/69 I hadn't heard of a seal,although, I'm told they existed in that era. I didn't see any seals at places like Khe Sanh either, so I can't compare their training with our , post boot camp.I'm sure the seals are a fine group and if he wishes to join the Navy,then best wishes and anchors away.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    SPARKIE AND THRASHER....check page 3, of this post, then apologize to "the non-human"!! AND....YES, a MARINE can be a SEAL......BUT....HE knows to keep his mouth SHUT!!.....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No comment except LOL

I dont' know if anyone saw the U.S. Army poster for recruiting, but it said "Sometimes the best soldier for the job is a U.S. Marine." They were trying to recruit prior service Marines for the Army...even they acknowledge that we are the best...

I have seen Navy Seals and I am currently with a recon unit. Just to make things clear The Navy Seals are the best at what they do and no one can do it better, same goes for the Marine Recon and Force Recon they are the best at what each does pertaining to their specialty. So depending on what type of action or training you are looking for it does not matter what branch you sign up with they are special forces in their respective area of expertise.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sum of tha best Punchout's I've seen were Between Atlantic versus Pacific "SEALS" Little Creek Vs. Coranado

I am stationed on NAS Pensacola. I am a student marine, we have plenty of sailors here, who went to BUDS, and failed. They nearly didn't even make it through the first couple of weeks. if you want to be the BEST then i would say join the core. The sailors told me, nearly 85% of the class fails out. I wouldn't not want those odds.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "core.",,,USMCFARRAR,,,,, Welcome the hell aboard, Marine, Glad to know ya,,,,, But work on yer spellin on the word "Corps",,,,,LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcfarrar View Post
    The sailors told me, nearly 85% of the class fails out. I wouldn't not want those odds.
    For those interested watch the documentary US Navy SEAL Class 234.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    "core.",,,USMCFARRAR,,,,, Welcome the hell aboard, Marine, Glad to know ya,,,,, But work on yer spellin on the word "Corps",,,,,LOL.
    And capitalize the word Marine!

As for the SEAL's, I respect them a lot as well but I've seen them in action in Ramadi for 2 years and I have to tell you, they did not impress me too much. Talking with them, they're very cool guys, laid back as you would kind of expect but in an urban environment, they acted like "cowboys" and their HKT's weren't anything impressive. 3/8 Marine sniper teams had more kills than they did and the SEAL's almost blew one of our mission's up by shooting an insurgent 30 minutes before we kicked off a Bn size operation.

Bottom line is that they are very good, but sometimes reckless and all in all, I think our Marines are better suited for urban combat. Throw them in the water though and I'll pick'em everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Gentlemen, please do not be fooled by TV "stories", and SOME action viewed by Marine Line Company's. SEALS, use every situation, to convey specific, and appropriate responses. Hidden, classified intent...is NORMAL. " A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing!" The LESS you know....the better!....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Went on libbo in Australia and the order was everyone will go on libbo in their service uniform. That meant Marines wore their alphas or blues and sailors wore their cracker jacks. Go rampaging the town and theres the seals dressed like they are back on the block cool rayban sunglasses and flip flops. What are you special? Yes we are.

Thread Information