Force Recon, Navy SEALS
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Force Recon, Navy SEALS

I want to be the best, you know, and I hear quite consistently that the Navy SEALS are that, and as much as I'd love to be a Marine, it just doesn't seem as challenging as BUD/S and being a SEAL. Could anyone correct me on this? I'd love to be a Marine, but only if I can be the best there is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm popping the popcorn now ya'll........................

I'm dying for an answer, I just wanna know what to go for. I read Old Sarg's post about military comparison ("what is this ****?"), but I think it's a little biast. Don't hold back, but be honest, guys.

I am willing to put money on the fact that this kid would NOT make it to BUD/S, NOR would he make it to RIP. And though the popcorn is popping and people have some blood boiling right now, I say that it's just another WANNA BE that AINT GONNA BE.

You state that you want to be the best well a Marine is the best of the best.
    We that means all of us are trained to be the best.
    If you want to be a navy seal well then join the navy and when you don't make the cut you should blame youself. Very few make it in the seals.
    The Marines has the recon and they match up with the seals.
    But if you want to be a Navy Seal then go try it in 4 years then you can join us Marines and then you will know that we are the best.

If you want to be a SEAL, go give BUD/S a shot. I won't say anything bad about them, most are locked on and good to go. Of course, I would question making that decision since the Navy can't even figure out why some people make it and others do not. Those that are the most fit, have the most experience, and seem to be the best candidates are not always the ones standing tall at graduation. But, if the idea of being "haze gray and underway doesn't bother you, give it a shot. You'll probably get to work with Marines from time to time... and then you can decide which is best. I have a feeling you'll wish you would have been a Marine.

Plain and simple answer to yer ?
    MARINE CORPS;There is no substitute..................
    Got any more ?'s to ask a Marine ?

MG

No Seth no ones going to correct you.... You go and do whatever you think is tough and stuff. Then when you dont make the seals and your serving chow to the Marines before they go into the fight then youll know. Remember its not a job its an adventure!!!!! Yey!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And I hear that their theme song is "In The Navy" by The Village People - bleh!

I was able to participate in four seperate excercizes against Navy Seals at Pendleton. We were basically holding a position given to us. I don't remember the particulars. We were doing our LAV recon thing. Scouts out and all. And we won two out of the four engagements. We got to talk to the Seals after and they seemed like really cool people. They had nothing but respect and high praise for us and we in turn gave back. Outside of Corpsman this would be the only other worthwhile job you can do in the Navy. That is my opinion. Still, I talked to those guys and I know they weren't just flapping their gums about having respect for us. They meant it. They wanted to know as much about us as we did about them. And we weren't even Force Recon. I can only imagine what that is like. I'll give the Seals this. They sure do get all the money they want for their toys. I doubt Force Recon does. Those guys are just plain tough get the job done no matter what Marines.

I don't know why you guys seem to have such a problem with wanting to be the best. After all, why do you think people want to be MARINES? I just want..to..be..the..best! Why do you guys think that the Marines ARE the best of the best? By the way, who's to say I'm not "gonna-be"?

We don't have a problem with you wanting to be the best. But if you think you can come to our site and expect us not to stand up for ourselves you're crazy. If you go to a SEAL site and start talking about Marines you're likely to get the same response.

You ask why we think we're the best. Simply put, because we are. From 1775 until today, there has been no better. Do a little research on the history of our Corps and maybe you'll begin to understand.

And nobody is to say you're not "gonna-be" other than you. You have a decision to make about what you want to do with your life. When you make it I am sure you will think you made the best decision and that you're a part of the best. Of course, we happen to know we are the best... everyone else just pretending.

Your not (gonna-be) neither until you've earned it ! The reason the Marines are the BEST is simple, look at our creed,battles fought and won, a brotherhood like no other,A uniform worn that lets the world know you are one of the Finest.I'm sure there are other brothers/sisters on here who have come across prior navy/army who seen the light and joined the Marines,I know of a few.

DDuh!! Come to a Marine site and ask "who is best?" Yeah. Like it's really hard to figure out how that will be answered.

First off actually making it too boot or basic doesn't mean you'll really graduate.

Graduating boot or basic doesn't mean you will hack it to make SEALS or Recon.

IF you do make it to boot and graduate you will feel the Marines are the best. If you do make it to basic, graduate and eventually become Recon you could always wonder if you didn't make the right decision. Why? Take a drive on the highway one day. Count how many USMC stickers, emblems and flags you see compared to Army, Navy and Air Force combined. Want to talk about pride? There is your answer. Marine emblems outnumber all the other services 10 to 1. At least that has been my experience in most every city, county and state I've visited. Or what about the tattoo's seen on arms? Or the covers worn by veterans? Or who is partcipating in local parades? The tshirts worn by not only Marines but their Moms, Dads, grandparents and siblings?

Go Army, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard and change your mind after 4 years? You'll have to go through Marine boot camp to earn your Eagle, Globe and Anchor and the title of Marine. Most who serve Marine Corps do not have to go to other services basic training after having served. They might have to attend some kind of refresher course for rifle range or something depending on the time between services. So even the government recognizes who is the best trained from the get go.

On a side note, many take pride in their branch of service and even occupational specialty. Not all. "Once a Marine Always a Marine." Though once you are in a another service you're just an ex-whatever once you get out. I certainly haven't seen the same level of comraderie, brotherhood and sense of family from most in other services.

"Wannabe ain't gonna be." Well, everyone is a wannabe till they make it through boot. {Or basic if that ends up being your choice.} "Ain't gonna be" part of it? Well, you have to make a decision and work toward that goal. You haven't even made a decision yet. And many times when those who aren't fully committed to something "try to do it half heartedly" they usually don't succeed. You have to be wholly committed to your decision without any thoughts of "maybe I should have done the other thing instead..."

listen man, i worked with the seals when i was in australia and trust me they are good to go but to me they are still second best. there is nothing in the world like claiming the title 'U.S. Marine'. If your looking for the toughest, both sides will give you a run for your money...

Thread Information