Marine Reserve...PLC...Deployable? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Reference this thread- it'll help you out.

Another note- the previous state of things that allowed reservists in the PLC program to check out of their units once they finished OCS is no more. However, generally speaking, most reserve units are willing to work with Marines who have finished OCS and are finishing college if a deployment comes up.

Just to give you a heads up AmericanGal. They didn't run from nothing when your married to one of the women and the other would not keep her legs closed prior to him getting married ,and would beg a individual to come over to trap a Marine to keep him around is bs, and the support is being paid for one and the other case is going through the proper court system and is being addressed. Just to let you know that some individuals don't bother with any type of support. He should have known better. So you can bash all you want. Don't bother. Thats why we call it the military you don't have a choice but to move so get your facts straight before youu point anything out to anyone. And by the way some lawyers do like defimation of character, look it up.

Is there an age limit for being in the reserves? I already signed my contract for active but I want to join the reserves b/c I want to go to college and become an engineer. My brother told me that I dont want to be a "tampon" and that he will disown me but I make my own decisions. Would I be able to change my contract from active to reserve?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Americangal,

Two points:

Fill out your profile.

Slander is unbecoming – I bet there is much more to your accusations than you are revealing?

Yup, deployable, the reserve unit may work something out to not deploy you, but its up to them. Personally I am glad I got deployed, the experience I got in bootcamp and all the other school are good but won't make me a better officer. The baptism by fire I got as a young Lance Corporal in Iraq will make me a better officer. I am more in favor of enlisting in the reserves and deploying to Iraq while in college, and then finishing college a little later. Just doing a 92day contract, never deploying and then becoming an officer, is not that great if you want enlisted experience because then all you have to draw upon is memories of bootcamp and MCT, which is not a real representation of the Marine Corps or the fleet.

Oh sh*t

Well is there another way I can get my college diploma?

What do you mean? Is there a way you can get a college degree without going to college? No. Is there a way you can get a degree without deploying? Yes, don't enlist. If you enlist you're a Marine and will be expected to do everything any other Marine will do.

I wanna go to college because of my parents then I'll go fight.
    And "the recruiter told me" I could in the Reserves.
    Nevermind, I'll manage to do it somehow, I always do.

I dont want to loose focus on bootcamp when Im so close.

Thread Information