I hate good byes - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Since I'll be in Milwaukee next week, I'll try to send her a post card from there. Then one from Arkansas the week after. I'll try to find some *interesting* post cards to send.

Angel

GOt another letter...she's staying motivated and is incredibly tickled that so many from here are writing her. She says that thanks to y'all (no matter how hard I try) she's only gone one day with no mail at mail call...

Thanks!!!!!!

hows things going for her kat? she a sqd ldr or team ldr?The DI'S arent keeping track of all her letters and messing with her,I hear they do that.

I'm not really sure, she's not telling me a whole lot other than she's "having fun" and doing okay, few scrapes and bruises but nothing for me to worry about.
    She's gonna make it through...I do know that but, I'm not sure who's the squad leader, team leader etc....I did ask in a letter a couple days ago...but she prolly won't get it until Friday??? as near as I can figure the snail mail lag.

I know she's tickled to have so many of her friends and mentors here writing her Keep it up

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mama
    I did ask in a letter a couple days ago...but she prolly won't get it until Friday??? as near as I can figure the snail mail lag
    Sometimes there is a lag. I received one letter from my son where he asked why I wasn't writing any more, then the next day he received 5 of my letters at the same time. When they are in the field at boot - that happens. It will happen with Kaydra as well. It is what it is.

Whether Kaydra makes squad leader or guide is of no importance. That does not play into her career in the Corps. The fact that she is motivated at this stage is, and says she is taking the bull by the horns.

Keep writing her as much as you can. Even the dull stuff is something in boot camp. Hell - just the fact that there is a letter is huge!

WOW!!!

I gotta huge letter, I guess she wrote this one over the span of a couple of days.

She did survive the gas chamber, and she made it through the o course without help! I'm so proud of her...
    She also says she's getting real biceps...I thought she had some when she left LOL

She's starting to adjust, and slowly learning to call PI home as well..and she says the sand fleas aren't that bad yet...at least they don't like her enough to bite her yet.

She got to see the Sgt that got her at the DI Demonstration and she also shared her b'day with another recruit there. She admits she's probably having more fun than she should be having ... but she's always thrived under a challenge...so...I guess it suits her...

Jim: to answer your question on the recruits wearing the USMC Poolee shirts: She shared her knowledge with them and during their layover in cincinnatti, they pooled their money and bought shirts.

I also have a list of recruits that aren't receiving any mail at all so if ya want a pen pal that needs support and moto...just send me a PM

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    she's always thrived under a challenge...
    That's why she is at Parris Island instead of Ft Jackson! Oooh-rah

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    I just saw some Recruits on TV, From The Island not shure who they were, on the Discovery Chanel

She has done the gas chamber already?? Sheesh - we didn't that until 3rd Phase when I was in. Of course, I was in when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

I called the gas chamber "DI Payback Day" - the day the DI's got some extra payback for troublesome recruits. I watched one recruit come out of the gas chamber (snot running from his nose to the ground), when his DI stopped him, asked him for his gas mask. The DI then took his gas mask, threw it back into the gas chamber and said, "Go get it." He did this 6 times to the same guy. LOL!

BTW - got a letter from Kaydra, and she appears to be doing great! You have a great girl there Mama - and we expect a pics of her online the same day she graduates!!!

God bless -

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Of course, I was in when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
    Close with and Destroy all Raptors with fire an maneuver, or repel a T-Rex assault with fire and close combat!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Close with and Destroy all Raptors with fire an maneuver, or repel a T-Rex assault with fire and close combat!
    No can do. All we had were combat issue A-1 Rocks and A-14 Spears. Fortunately, the new cammie loin cloths were in issue, so we had a semblence of cover. The WM's complained, as they had the same issue loin cloth, but one whack on the head with your standard issue A-5 Club, and you had yourself a girlfriend.

At least that is how I remember it ... the good old days ...

LOL Well...pics will get put up online as soon as we make it back home...she graduates 1 Sept...So i'll try to have 'em up on the 3rd the day after we'll get back home

Gotta have some family time ya know

I'm glad she got to write to ya...and I'm glad to hear she's doing well...any word from her is a big boost for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    No can do. All we had were combat issue A-1 Rocks and A-14 Spears. Fortunately, the new cammie loin cloths were in issue, so we had a semblence of cover. The WM's complained, as they had the same issue loin cloth, but one whack on the head with your standard issue A-5 Club, and you had yourself a girlfriend.

At least that is how I remember it ... the good old days ...
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mama
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    LOL- now you are dating yourself. I am sure the kids today will have no idea what I am talking about!

Thread Information