I hate good byes - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama
    Doin' Great L Thanks

She gets her platoon today so that means I'm closer to getting her address...which means closer to actually hearing from her!

I Can't wait!!!
    Oy-veh! She just got her DI's! Is OK - the worst day is now over, but her world is rocking like there is no tomorrow. It'll be rocking like that for about a week.

After that, she gets what the DI's are looking for, and all downhill from there. Problem is - it is one big @ss hill! LOL!

No worries Mama - we have all been through it. If there is one person I have confidence in, it is Kaydra! She is sharp and not afraid of challenges.

Keep in mind, I can only give you a guy's perspective, and you chicks are always tougher then we are!

You've done a great job preparing your daughter Mama!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Marine84...what is sleep during your 1st 2 days at the Island. Under no conditions could I sleep for the 1st two days in "70.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It wasn't a deep sleep I'll tell ya that...................I was a straggler so I didn't get there until midnight or somewhere in there - I got my own personal "greeting party" - my rack was waiting but I was so scared I couldn't fall asleep for another couple of hours. When I finally did fall asleep it was time to get up.

Here's another one for her Mama.....................

Hey Baby Girl!

Well, tomorrow will be a week since you've been on the Island - isn't the weather lovely? HAHAHAHA! Just wait..................

You're gonna do GREAT girl! Keep your head up and NEVER give up! Even when you think you can't take anymore of the yelling, running back and forth for no particular reason (known to you), all the other stuff you'll be going through - just think about ONE thing - that MARINE CORPS EMBLEM!

You'll probably have a kazillion people to write to but I'll send my address to your Mom and, if you have the time, please write. After all, we're going to be sisters in a few weeks..................SEMPER FI! Marine84

Got it in today's letter along with your address.

Thank you for caring about her so much!!!

Good luck to your daughter, check this site out it may help. My buddys kid brother i knew since he was an infant just grauated in April and I found this for his family.

http://p088.ezboard.com/fparrisislandfrm41

Thanks Shadowmann...

Words are beginning to fail me on how much y'all have helped me be strong for her! Or how much it means to have y'all supporting her...and me...through her training...

thanks

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    Hay Moma Say hello to her for me

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Devildoghopeful wants to say 'keep at it' and sends all best wishes!

Got it in there devildog

Got her address today so she's gotta ton of letters headed her way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Mama,

By now she probably knows what sand fleas are. SO let her know that she under NO circumstances needs to slap one of them. They are a friendly little bugs and they have to eat too. Besides the Drill Instructors will be pointing this out if she goes for the sand flea slap. If she has gone through this week then there are only 12 more. Before we all know it she will be a Marine and back home on boot leave. Mama, please keep us posted.

Got it in today's letter, Thank You Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    By now she probably knows what sand fleas are. SO let her know that she under NO circumstances needs to slap one of them. They are a friendly little bugs and they have to eat too. Besides the Drill Instructors will be pointing this out if she goes for the sand flea slap. If she has gone through this week then there are only 12 more. Before we all know it she will be a Marine and back home on boot leave. Mama, please keep us posted.

Yup - the worst week is over. They should be getting their first phase flag soon, and will no longer be a "forming mob."

If I recall correctly, the recruits won't really begin to get what their DI's are looking for until 2nd phase. In 3rd Phase - they know!

For me, 1st Phase was all about just survivingl! That sound about right Gunny?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Shadowman777,

I am not sure how to define survival here. Did you escape IPT or did you welcome it...??? I started catching on about phase II also, and then there was more fun and games...!!! LOL

Do they still keep the top button buttoned until 3rd phase?????

Thread Information