I hate good byes - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mama- Please let PooleeMichael know that we are all wishing her good luck and have full confidence that she will come back as one proud Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama
    That her goal LOL
    Thanks Stanley
    You do realize that she is going through, "What the hell did I get myself into?" right now - don't ya???

Keep those few first letters from Kaydra ... save them and put them it a lock box! They are priceless, and can be used for blackmail later on!

Thank God my parents lost mine. I whined like a stuck pig! Is normal for about the first week. I think they went something like this ..."Get me the hell out of here!!!" LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by His_angel
    She'll be okay Mama. Sounds like she has a good support system in place. Boot will be over before both of you know it.
    I disagree! Boot camp will go quick for mom. For Kaydra? LOL - it will be a friggin' eternity!!!

Kaydra's life will have changed so much in just 3 months, that she will think the entire world simply stood still during that time! I know I did!

I'll keep y'all updated

I'll share what she's told me I can anyhow...

If you want to send encouragment to her post it here and I'll paste it into her letters from me! I know it will help encourage here

Thanks y'all

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    How long is boot camp? at this time.

I'll keep y'all updated

I'll share what she's told me I can anyhow...

If you want to send encouragment to her post it here and I'll paste it into her letters from me! I know it will help encourage here
    EXCELLENT! Good Lord - I feel like *my daughter*in going through boot right now! Errrr ... the only difference is my oldest daughter doesn't have what it takes to be a Marine. My son does - and is a Marine as we speak.

OK - post one for Kaydra:
    "It ain't what you thought it was gonna be is it Kaydra. LOL - yeah, I know - far worse!

It is OK - as no one is EVER ready for Marine Corps boot camp. HELL, I WASN'T!!!

It will get better sweetie - trust me! Everyone who has worn the Eagle, Globe and Anchor has gone through **EXACTLY** what you are experiencing RIGHT NOW!

It sucks right? Oh yeah - but that's OK! That is NORMAL!!!

We love you and are pulling for you girl!"
    Ok - send that to her! She needs that right now. Her whole world has been turned upside down, is in a high speed blender, and needs encouragement.

But as I wrote to your daughter - this is all part of the process!!!

Thanks Mom!

Steve

Okies Shadowman and Lithium, I put your well wishes into today's letter.

I don't have her address yet, but I'm still writing her a daily letter so her first mail call ... well she'll have a few

Thanks y'all for caring so much about my daughter...you will probably never know what it means to me that she's made such good friends

God bless each of you!

Okies Shadowman and Lithium, I put your well wishes into today's letter.

I don't have her address yet, but I'm still writing her a daily letter so her first mail call ... well she'll have a few

Thanks y'all for caring so much about my daughter...you will probably never know what it means to me that she's made such good friends

God bless each of you!
    Just living vicariously through your daughter

Being serious now ... actually there was a huge awakening in me - because of my own son going to Parris Island in the late of 2002. I was walked through what you are going through right now - except I had been there on PI and understand what they are feeling right now.

That being said, I am a "guy" - and we whine a lot. That should not be news to you! You chicks are always much tougher then we guys are, so I can only relay the thoughts that a "guy" has - so that's what I am doing!

BTW - I loved those airport pics. Thank you for sharing, and SAVE THOSE! They will be a "before and after" snap shot of her life which she will appreciate for decades to come!

God bless -

They're already on CD!!! as well as the puter, photobucket and hard copies for the scrapbook I'm making for her of her Marine Corps adventures. Guess it's a mom thing LOL We gotta keep photos of everything our kids go through and do LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck to her MAMA!! And be strong, she'll be in and out for a while. I know my mom was devasted when I left, seeing as how I was the youngest and only female. (two older brothers) She'll make you proud yet and those two girls with the poolee shirts, haha... kinda sucks that their recruiters didn't tell them to NOT wear anything that's Marine Corps related. HAHAHA!! Can't wait to hear about that!!! I know when I left to boot there was this girl wearing one and haha did she get it!!!

Good luck to her and she'll do good!!!

I personally can't wait to go to Drill Instructor school and tear up some recruit A$$!!! ahhhh, I can taste it already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer
    I personally can't wait to go to Drill Instructor school and tear up some recruit A$$!!! ahhhh, I can taste it already!!!
    Errr ... glad you wrote that and not me!

This is a portion of Kaydra's letter from her cat:

Jester's Rifle Creed:
    These are my fangs. There are many like them, but these are mine. They, together with my claws, are my nine lives. I must master them as I must master my nine lives. Without me, my fangs and claws are useless. Without my fangs, I and my claws are useless. Without my claws, I and my fangs are useless. I must bite more forcefully than my enemy and my prey. I must bite him before he bites me. I will. My fangs and I know that what counts in hunting is not the size of the fangs, the length of our claws, the stealth we use, or the length of our leaps. We know that it is the bites that count. We will bite.
    My fangs are feline, even as I am feline, because they are my lives. Thus, I will learn them as a littermate. I will learn their weaknesses, their strengths, their parts, their accessories (claws), their size, and their points. I will keep my fangs clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
    Before God I swear this creed. My fangs and I are the defenders of my house. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my lives.
    So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy.

Accroding to her recruiter she should be getting assigned to her platoon today...though we do know she's Oscar Co

Talking

Very KOOL!!!

Hope you're doing well

--L

Doin' Great L Thanks

She gets her platoon today so that means I'm closer to getting her address...which means closer to actually hearing from her!

I Can't wait!!!

And I'm sure K cannot wait for her stack of letters!!

I'm off for the nite. I've not been feeling well this week.

Take care!!

Thread Information