I hate good byes
Create Post
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

I hate good byes

Okay... I hate good byes... So I'm not going to say it... I want to thank you for all of the support and the next time I see you all I will be a US Marine... I want to thank the Marines who have been there to answer all my my questions as off the wall as most of them may have seemed and the Poolees who have been there to talk about the things we poolees talk about... and now... My bit of advice for the remaining poolees on Leatherneck:

Don't give up... It may seem hard at the time but the the hardships are worth the prize at the end of the maze... It's worth waking up in the morning with cuts and briuses from the different pool functions or the muscle soreness for a hardcore PT session with your recruiters... Just remember what you are working for and what you're doing it for... We ALL have different reasons for joining the Corps but all in all we have the same goal... To be a Marine... And a side note... Don't take it personally when your mom kinda freaks out on you when it comes to you leaving... She doesnt mean anything by it... She's just worried about you and even though you're 17 or 18 years old you're still her baby...

Well... I think thats about it... I'm going to miss you all and will see you when I get back...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good Luck Kaydra!

Your unfailing motivational attitude on this website has served as an inspiration to all of us wannabes and poolees and I think I speak for all of us poolees when I say that I think from what I know of the Marine Corps (which I admit isn't as much as the Marines here obviously) you're going to make one heck of a Marine.

Dont forget to write a journal if you can!

Best of luck, try to enjoy yourself and come back to us as a United States Marine!

GO FOR IT!

Alex

http://www.myspace.com/ccfalex

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do us proud girl! In the morning you'll wake up to the worst noise you've heard in your life - well, for the next 3 months you'll wake up like that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't wait to hear about it!

Well y'all, she's off...

She left with her recruiter at 1800.

I'm proud of her ... missing her already ... but proud

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Stay Strong Mama!

Just remember that she'll come back a Marine!

I'm always here to talk to.

Keep the faith!

Alex

She'll be okay Mama. Sounds like she has a good support system in place. Boot will be over before both of you know it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't wait to hear how she handles the first day with the wake up - the forming DIs weren't that bad but, BOY, when the ones came in that were going to be with us the whole time - I fell slap off that top rack and thought "what the hell?" - I thought I was in a war zone for a minute until I got good and awake.

That was some funny stuff!

Trash can lids, sticks and trash cans.............ah yess that glorious sound of your first wakeup call....

Course now I wonder how many trash cans and lids the companies went through each year??? ha ha ha ha ha..............

Here are the pics from the airport today
    http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...0PIcs/Airport/
    The Recruits from left to right are

Recruit Michael, Recruit Lane, and Recruit Bowser

God bless 'em all

PS...I'm okay...today for some reason dried the tears and even Mama's okay now

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    Great Pics Mrs. Mom She most likely come back as the top Marine in her platoon.

That her goal LOL
    Thanks Stanley

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Im glad Kaydra read the knowlege and absorbed it here and it shows. Those two other gals that wore their Poolee shirts are in big trouble when the Drill Instructors see those eagle globe and anchors at PI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was thinking the exact thing Jinelson...........HAHAHAHAHA! Mama make sure you ask about the reception those 2 got - I can hear it now:

OH, SO YOU TWO BOBSY TWINS THINK YOU'RE WORTHY OF WEARING MY MARINE CORPS EMBLEM ALREADY? (all up in the face now) THAT'LL BE THE ONLY MARINE CORPS EMBLEM YOU'LL WEAR OFF THIS ISLAND RECRUIT!

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Im glad Kaydra read the knowlege and absorbed it here and it shows. Those two other gals that wore their Poolee shirts are in big trouble when the Drill Instructors see those eagle globe and anchors at PI.
    LOL - I didn't know what those shirts were - and yeah buddy, big time trouble!!!

MAMA - you gonna keep updates of Kaydra on this thread???

Thread Information