Hardest part of Boot Camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hardest part of Boot Camp

At the moment I am in the DEP program until I ship 20060508. I was just wondering what I should be doing to prepare myself that I haven't been doing. Also I was wondering what the hardest part of Boot Camp is so I can be ready and alert. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Recruit Martinsen

Run..if your a good runner now youll be ok. I was decent so I didnt have too hard of time. Other than that its all mental so there really isnt much you can do to prepare yourself. Theres nothing like Marine Corps boot camp that you can do to get your self better ready. The only thing I would say is stay out of trouble and spend time with your family. Do alot of rack PT also

I dont think working on push-ups and pull-ups would hurt either.

I think the hardest part was when I first got to bootcamp...the
    sudden and swift change from civvie life to the Marine Corps life.
    After I adjusted, it became so much better.

just remember, that bootcamp is 90% mental and 10% physical, and you will be ok

thanks to everyone that took the time and gave me their input.

Keeping you mouth shut and eyes and ears open.

Credits
    Savings
    The Drill Instructors! Too bad you don't get to experience the rath of the female Drill Instructors, whoo doggie.... once you get yelled at by a female DI, the male ones don't seem so bad, ask anyone who has been yell at by a female DI. There like very aggressive devildogs (no pun intended), they're rip you apart in a matter of seconds. They can smell a recruit a mile away. I suggest a mix of blood hound and a pit bull. Good luck, they'll chase you up a fence!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You might want to practice on holding your breath for at least 3 minutes. This will help in the Gas Chamber. Also try and be the 1st one in. Cause you will be the 1st one out. Yeah right!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgorosco
    You might want to practice on holding your breath for at least 3 minutes. This will help in the Gas Chamber. Also try and be the 1st one in. Cause you will be the 1st one out. Yeah right!!

I remember there was a recruit who held his breath in the gas chamber, who
    was in front of me, which made it worse for me, since the DI wouldn't let him
    leave until he had to breath!

so why would i have to hold my breath in the gas chamber if i have a gas mask on?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He have to take the mask off in the gas chamber. Plus holding your breath was a joke. You will have to inhale in there. Also being 1st in was a joke to. Just be mentally tough and laugh off the stress when you can and enjoy the experience you will be going through.

They had us take our masks off and walk around the chamber before they
    let us exit.

John.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hardest thing for me was calling a bathroom a head - where I come from head is something WAY different than a bathroom.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    and 111martinsen - I'm rolling on the floor over that one. Did you REALLY think the gas chamber would be THAT easy? You don't just test the masks honey! You may even get a DI that's REALLY sadistic and make you do jumping jacks while you're in there with no mask on. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thread Information