To kick things off... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Being overweight is not a problem. They have PCP or Physical Conditioning Platoon. If ya get to go there you get to do nothing but PT all day long and you get very restricted diets to boot. You'll love it!!! NOT!!!!!!!

The better your condition you are in, the better for you, and no matter how fit you are...you will find out you are not fit enough, believe me...

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    When I was a Boot my weight was 137Lbs, also had the nick name of tiger and always ended up behind the over weight men and ended up with their portions but had to growl first.

Credits
    Savings
    If I could Go back, I would shave my head prior to shipping off

[quote=Lorix]I'll break ground. Here's some tips for all you poolees getting ready to ship to mcrd:

Do not mess around Drill Instructors
    Do not get drunk the night before you ship
    Do not wear your Marine poolee shirt when you ship

I have a simple question nothing big, but you posted on the thread not to bring your poolee shirt. If you dont mind I want to the resaon behind it.

simple answer,

The DRILL INSTRUCTORS will eat your lunch for wearing THEIR Eagle, Globe, and Anchor before you have earned them...

makes sense

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    One of my dads friend went to boot around '83 or '84. The DI's made them strip to their skivvies so they could inspect for any tatoos. Some recruits already had the EGA tatooed on 'em! They paid DEARLY for that mistake.

Never call the eagle globe and anchor an EGA.... that would be a mistake

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My mistake, didn't mean ANY disrespect at all. From now on, I will ALWAYS write "eagle, globe and anchor" when that's what I'm referring to.

Pay Attention to everything you are being taught.Never say the words "I Can`t".

Tips for success in boot camp

1. Show up to bootcamp with a shirt that has a pink ega emblem.
    2. Bring Condoms
    3. Attempt to hug the drill instructor on the way out the bus.
    4. Instead of standing on the yellow footprints, sit down.
    6. Instead of shouting "Yes Sir!", say "Right On!!"
    7. Complain about the sizes issued to you in supply at receiving.
    8. Smuggle in a cell phone and make call to your girlfriend infront of all the DI's
    9. the first time a drill instructor tells you to do something, say "Got it Sarge!!"
    10. Sag your cammie and try and be stylish. The DI's like that.
    11. Interupt the DI's and ask questions like "whats for breakfast in this joint?", and "so when do I get my own room?"
    12. On humps, pack your alice pack with newspaper rather than the alloted gear.
    13. Shoot your M-16 cocked sideways, ghetto style.
    14. Diddybob everywhere you go.
    15. Always try and give a DI a hi-five.
    16. Revellie is optional. Sleep in when you feel tired.
    17. The appropriate greeting of the day should always be "Waaaasssssaaaaaa!!!" (Like the budweiser commercial)
    18. Female drill instructors should always be told how pretty they look today.
    19. 4 pm is when milk and cookies is served. Sometimes the drill instructors forget, so it is your duty to remind them.
    20. Bring a videocamera and tape all of this, cause I wanna watch the chaos commence.

Follow these rules and

I forgot number 5.

5. Always ask to have your hair highlighted when you go to the barber, and grow some sideburns and a goatee. Be a fashion pioneer.

You are going to get some poolee a good butt kicking if they take your list seriously,but it is some funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 6yrforMar
    You are going to get some poolee a good butt kicking if they take your list seriously,but it is some funny stuff!

If any of my fellow Poolees and/or Wannabe Marine's takes that list seriously.. I hate to say, but.. they kind of deserve it.

Good stuff, Lance!

-Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    The trick is show up and be invisible. ANYTHING that makes you stand out makes you a target. You want to look EXACTLY like the 79 other recruits. I can guarantee there WILL be something for the Drill instructor to use to single you out, don't help him out. Follow the lead of what the Drill instructor says to bring in the link from JINELSON you were provided.
    Sometimes easier said then done, especially when you're the tallest recruit in your platoon and you have a good 2-3 inches on the next recruit and 4-6 inches on the rest of the platoon. If this is the case, just hope for the best. Expect to work at least twice as hard as the recruit that the Drill Instructor still doesn't know on TD (Training Day) 54. Expect to be yelled at more than anyone else and just work your butt off!

It's not always a bad thing. Who knows, maybe you'll turn out to be a kick a$$ recruit. Your Drill Instructors might end up liking you, even though they won't show it.

Just think. It could always be worse! You can stand out for whatever reason and then be given a billet such as guide, squad leader or scribe. I can GUARANTEE that your staff will know your name within the first day of this happening because it happened to me! Lucky for me, I became the scribe in the forming days and was still scribe on graduation day!!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Thread Information