Parris Island Anyone? - Page 14
Create Post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    You'll be easy for me to remember K8 - 28 Aug is my birthday. And don't listen to Steve telling you to shave everything before you go - the itch from THAT growing back will be worse than any little sand flea bite you'll get.

PI will still be hot and muggy about then - it will be cooling off some by the time you graduate but not cold. Coming from CA though you may think it's cold.

I took a friend of mine home with me on leave once - she was from Newport Beach - we were in school together in Millington. She fell asleep in the back seat on the way and didn't wake up til we pulled off the freeway in SC. She woke up asking why I had her in the "forrest" - I just laughed. When I saw CA for myself I know why she asked that - there are no woods in CA, at least not anywhere I saw.

Good luck in bootcamp - it will be the best thing you'll EVER do for yourself in your life.
    Shaving??? Shissssh! Sounds you speak from experience Marine84! I think we need delve into this further, but we can go into private chat for that - ooooh yeah! LOL!!!

It could be cooling for your final PFT. Regardless - you will do well. All the other recruits in your platoon and series will be going through the same weather conditions. Hell I didn't even know what a Guide or an Honor Guard even was when I joined the Corps! You are waaaaay ahead of the curve!

Go big dog!

(Marine84 .... CHAT time!)

hey pftstud

My son is a new Marine grad 4/28, and you could whip his butt in PT!!! I envy you. Wish I wasn't 50 and could join you.
    Just wanted to say good luck, suck it up and shoot straight.
    Eve Proud to a mom of a Marine

Yeah CA has forrests and mountains and stuff but it all depends where you live. You can live in the country were all you see are foothills. lol. I live on the coast so there is ocean and forresty areas lol. But i think you are right that it will probably seem cooler to me since i am use to the CA sunshine. lol

Thanks for the advice Marine84! I really appreciate it. I am so excited to leave i can hardly stand it. And just in case i forget.....Happy Birthday. lol. Hopefully it will bring me good luck.

Kait

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think she'll do well too - she's the first poolee that I've talked to that hasn't tried to delay her ship date, pitch a coniption about MOS or anything - that attitude "I don't really have a choice" is what will get you through. You already understand that you have signed your life away to take a ride on the big yellow bus called the Marine Corps - it's up to you as to how much fun the ride will be. The Marine Corps pays you to think on your feet in just about any situation and all you have to do is shut your mouth, listen and pay attention to what is being told to you throughout your training - they don't pay you to have fun - they don't really care.

OK.............Recruiter??? Where's my Meritorious Mast?

If you shave everything before you go, and when you go get Haircuts, there gonna take your Skin of your head buddy lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    Shaving??? Shissssh! Sounds you speak from experience Marine84! I think we need delve into this further, but we can go into private chat for that - ooooh yeah! LOL!!!

It could be cooling for your final PFT. Regardless - you will do well. All the other recruits in your platoon and series will be going through the same weather conditions. Hell I didn't even know what a Guide or an Honor Guard even was when I joined the Corps! You are waaaaay ahead of the curve!

Go big dog!

(Marine84 .... CHAT time!)
    My bad - I mixed threads. Was talking to PFTPoolie - a guy!

That being said, a guy going to Boot shaved at my suggestion, now that would be priceless!!!

Chicks - hey, do your own thing - which we guys have no clue - nor do we WANT to KNOW! To be a guy is to embrace ignorance - at least - pretend! God I live this every day ... ugh!

Steve

Thank you for the encouraging words! It is nice to hear something upbeat. lol. Yeah the way i see it, the is no reason to whine and cry about what I signed up for. lol. If i could go any earlier i would in a heartbeat, but i have to graduate first. lol. All i want to do is make the best out of what i have had the urge to do since i was young(er).

Quote Originally Posted by K8 Mac
    Thank you for the encouraging words! It is nice to hear something upbeat. lol. Yeah the way i see it, the is no reason to whine and cry about what I signed up for. lol. If i could go any earlier i would in a heartbeat, but i have to graduate first. lol. All i want to do is make the best out of what i have had the urge to do since i was young(er).
    No! Your timng is perfect! Yeah, a few sand fleas when you first get there, but afterwards you are way cool~! Perfect timinig with my experience and knowledge of the south! **DON'T GO EARLIER!!!**

You have the best slot that there is! Before the cold, and just a month (maybe) of sand fleas. Well done!

Cool! Thanks Shadowman777. Glad to know i chose a good time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was there May, June & July and I thought I would DIE and I'm FROM SC - just make sure you drink PLENTY of water, you'll be sweatin' a lot of it - LOL!

Be Prepared

You All Gonna Pick At Your Atletes Feet. Then U Gonna Play Wit Yerself. Get Some Strong Athletes Footpowder N U Wont Get The Crotchrot!!!!!!

Thread Information