How do you get Back in - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    You need a waiver from the COmmandant himself.

Best of Luck!

God, I saw the title of "How do you get Back in" for this thread and thought ms murtha was trying to get back in our Beloved Corps HA HA HA!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Question

My 214 shows a RE Code of 3, nothing else. My seperation code was JHJ, how hard would it be for me to get into the Marines?

Exclamation Hey Gents

SSgt Quinn here. New to the Recruiting Field, not a volunteer to the billet. Will do whatever I can to help in my early stage (because you are also helping me to learn by looking into your individual cases.)
    Ok, here's the gouge from a Recruiter's perspective on RE codes:
    If you don't have an RE code of 1+ change, there's definitely an issue.

I had my first RE-3F contact today, as a matter of fact. Did what I could, but cannot touch him until he hits 2 yrs (following date of discharge). No, he wasn't a fraud-enlist.

Gotta tell ya'll, what really gets to me is the fact that anyone who is completely qualified for enlistment is a smartass punk & believes they are going to go to college for 200 years & become a trillionaire immediately after graduation (stupid phukn idiots). Those that have some quirks in their history & are either PDQ'd or temp DQ'd & are begging to come in & for me to help them. SH*T guys! Don't make me the bad guy. My job is to qualify you for MC service - IF U R QUALIFIED, & I will do what I can to help you qualify. It not only helps you, but it helps me too. But if there is some issue/reason that you are not qualified (initial or reenlistment), don't try to dodge the bullet. Take responsibility for your own actions. What I can do is to respond to posts here. If anyone is in my area (NH), send me your email & I will do whatever I can to help. No whining if you don't like my response, tho!

1st I wanna say that I have spent the last 4 hrs surfing the net trying to get an understanding of the reenlistment process before I go the the recruiting office. My situation I thought was a lil different, but after reading hundreds of threads on many forums, I was surprised to see how common it was.

I joined in '96, finished boot and was honorably discarged after 9 months total service. On my DD214, the sep code is HFX1 and RE-3P reentry code. I have learned alot about these codes and what they mean as far as my possible reenlistment but one question i have not had answered is...

How long of a break in service requires you to do boot camp again?

Believe it or not... I WANT to go trough boot again. It's been more than 10 yrs. and feel I would need to. For myself as a Marine and for those I might serve beside.

If anyone can shed some light on this subject for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Semper fi

Credits
    Savings

repeat - same question here....

Quote Originally Posted by jryanjack
    What's the difference between a RE-1 and RE-1A?
    SSgt Quinn,

Same question from me, mine's purely outta curiosity....RE-1 and RE1A - what's the difference?

Thanks for your time!
    SFi
    C

Commandant waiver

Just out of curiousity how many waivers has the Commandant actually signed? What if the person had a good RE code and honorable discharge, but had been NJP'd for a pop? They are not allowed to ever reenlist in the Corps, any idea of the chances of a waiver getting signed?

Hey Marines, new to this site but glad to be here. I know there have probably been several threads on this same subject but since this is the latest one I figured I'd post here.

I spent 8 years in the Corps and got out in 2006 with a reenlistment code of RE-1A. I was a 4066 (yes, a pogue) at first and then lat moved to the new 0689 (super pogue) MOS after I picked up Sgt. Being a data Marine, I got out; thinking the grass was greener on the other side. And yes, I did get a well paying job, house, wife, kid...you know the drill.

But the itch to put the uniform back has never left. Working on an Army "post" makes me want to rejoin all the more. Me and the wife have been discussing it for a while and now she's cool with me re-upping. I've talked to the local recruiter here and also one of my buds from Oki who is a recruiter now.

My biggest concern now is my date of rank. One guy told me I may be able to keep it and the other said I'd drop to 0. What determines this? I spent 4 years as a Sgt and to lose the time would suck...particularly for being out less then two years. Any recruiters or Marines who've "been there, done that" out there to answer this? Thanks and Semper Fi.

Sgt Chasteen

My buddy just joined again , got out in 06 from the recruiting field , and reenlisted as a motor t guy. Got to keep his rank but lost all his time in grade. Was a Sgt. , I know it sucks, but man at least youll get to put on your uniform again a be able to call yourself a United States Marine. Semper Fi man , I say go for it!

Also once he got out of the national Guard it probably took almost 4 or 5 months for all the paperwork to come back and reenlist.

Outlaw,

Yeah...I'm figuring on losing it. Oh well, best case senerio i'll put in another year as Sgt and get selected for Staff. Gonna hit up the recruiter in town here again and see if he has anymore info. He said he'd talk to some of his people and maybe my monitor for more specific MOS info. He did tell me that coming back under BSSRB may take a month or two. Probably gonna do it regardless. Just a matter of logistics at this point.

Goos luck, I am trying to go back in myself. what about cutting score, does that stay the same?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I guess I have a different version of the same story. I shipped out to MCRDSD June 2006 and was sent home in Mid to late July 2006 due to "erroneous enlistment". My shoulder was separated during a IPT session where it tended to have "chronic dislocations" when it was lifted above my neck. I returned home to have serious shoulder surgery to repair it. Since then I re-enrolled in college, shuffled around a bit, and was recently hitched (less than a month). My wife knows my past incredibly well and in fact we only meant by what we see as "God's intervention". Had I graduated boot camp and went to my MOS I would have never meant her in the way we did. We both attribute my injury as a sign of us to be together; however I attribute my near obsession of the Marine Corps history, The Iraq and Afghanistan war, and my undying thoughts of the Corps as a reason to try again. With a little over 80 college credits at a 2.5 GPA (struggling) I still wonder about re-joining every day. She knows when I am struggling with the thoughts of re-joining; I tend to get a bit depressed and quiet when I am thinking of the my time in the Boot; every time I bring it up in conversation she simply becomes shy (out of character) and does not want to talk about it. I tend to back off and let a dead horse lie. This happens two or three times a month since we have been dating, engaged and even married now (over 16 months all together). Recently though I approached the idea with more fervor; There are a few things I love in my life, my wife, my dog, and the Corps. I tend to get a lot of crap since I was only in boot for such a short time; and sometimes I think I deserve it but it is still a undying love. She has given in to exploring the possibility of re-joining, but now is the question of whether I can or not. My re-enlistment code was given before they knew the true extent of my injury. The injury left me lacking "15-20%" or feeling in my right hand, and I lost 2 to 3 inches of mobility in moving my arm behind my back. And even though I am in the worst shape of my life I can still do pull-ups, push-ups, and run 2 miles without it dislocating. Occasionally it hurts, but I am more than capable of pushing through it and doing what needs to be done. I was taken in last semester to such an extent that I skipped a class and walked into a recruiters office with all my DD-214 and recent medical documents. He said it would take no time getting back in and to come back in the month before I wanted to leave. Having gone through the procedures before about getting the first time, because of my ACL surgery, I know this is not true. I walked in the recruiter’s office November 2005 and finally got in May 2006 and shipped in June... because of my medical history (No medical waiver though...). My recruiters were awesome though, Gunny Sgt. Kelley and Gunny Sgt. Polanski fought hell and high water to get me in, and they did.

I am 21 now; full-time student, married, and work part-time. I should graduate in a year and half but currently don't have the desire to apply to OCS, rather I want to be active duty enlisted. With a bit over 80 credit hours of college (at Taylor University and Indiana University) Would I be able to any Automatic Promotions over E-2, I do know the Navy Gives E-3 for 70+hours but am not for sure about the Marines, I toyed with the idea of the Navy as a Corpsman, or the Army as infantry; but nothing would do except for the Marines.

Also, for the Marine Wives; what would you suggest? I know this will be hard being recently married and one partner leaving for 5 to 6 months for training. But would you have tips for my wife and I?

For anyone else that has suggestions I am open to all ears. My desire to become a Marine is unwavering, and I am more than willing to fight to get back in. If you have past experience similar to the situation I am in I would be honored to hear of how you got through it. I feel if I don't join now I will have this regret for a long time.

-Deich

Deich,

Talk to a RECRUITER. ONLY a recruiter on ACTIVE DUTY can answer your questions with any authority...

Guys I need help!!!

I got out of the Marine Corps in July 07 with an RE-3C (emergency leave then changed to HUMS status)

How can I get back in????????

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    RE-3C- Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.You need to see a prior service recruiter.

What is HUMS status?

Thread Information