Please Pray For LCpl Shawn Seeley - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Jeezus H. Krist! I was just online with him a couple of days ago it seems. It was late, about 0400 hours, He and I were the only ones online at the time. We BS'd for a very short time. He told me that it was getting hairy. We wished each other well and then we when our seperate ways.
    Dammmm, this news is a someofabeatch. Certainly my thoughts and prayers are heading towards not only LCpl Seeley but to his family, loved ones, friends and acquaintances. One step at a time. One step at a time.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Incoming !!

Most gracious and loving heavenly father,
    I pause my life at this time to beseech your loving and watchful hands to cradel our brothers life, as only you can.
    I ask that your vision be in the surgeons hands as they mend the body of this brave man,
    that your love and peace be felt in his families lives, as they wait for their homeward bound Marine
    And let your guidence be in the minds of his brothers still in harms way, as they continue the good race,
    and that your just and mighty will be done.

Amen

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Shawn,

I am truely sorry that you have gotten wounded. You have made a scarifice in the name of peace and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My prayers go out to you and your family, and of course Amanda. She is a special person but you probably already know that.

I am also sorry to hear about all of the members of your unit that have been injured. My sympathy goes out to you and the families for their loss. I hope that the Marines that are still alive make a full and speedy recovery.

Semper Fidelis

Lance Corporal Seeley I want you to remember the three things that was pounded into your head.. Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome... You have Overcome alot just in the beginning and I know for a fact you can Overcome this. There is not a Marine here on this site or anywhere else that is not praying for you and amanda and your speedy recovery.. Semper Fi Marine

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all for your support and e-mails for Shawn.
    This is Shawns dad,Chuck.
    All our fears have come and now we need support for him and all the others over there that are hurt and thier familys.
    This is a wonderful community here, Thanks again for the prayers, Shawn will recieve them..

PRAYERS ARE ON THERE WAY BROTHER. YOU WILL OVER COME THE SET BACK AND WILL BE ABLE TO CARRY ON LIKE THE TRUE "MARINE" YOU ARE. HEEL FAST, AS WE WILL ALL BE WAITING FOR YOUR POSTS. GOD BLESS AND THE BEST OF EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS. YOUR AMANDA AWAITS HER MAN.

May the God that I serve......keep His Almighty hands on you Shawn....Let His angels camp around your bed.....will keep you in my prayers.......My Brother.....

Carroll, R. G.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Yall Make Me So Proud To Be A Marine

Thank you all for your prayers and concern for our brothers wounds and well being. He is tough and he reunited with our lord prior to shipping over seas so I have no doubt he is is in good hands and shall recover. It has been said that I become too familiar with my Marines and Poolee's and to that I plead guilty as charged. It is in direct conflict with all I was taught in NCO school and later in SNCO school. I am just as guilty now as I was when I proudly wore the uniform during the Vietnam War. Im sorry but nothing has changed I cant help myself. That said I offer an explaination as best I can. LCpl Seeley is only one of many Marines to be wounded many have lost their lives , but I know that these young patriots have accepted it willingly for the greater good of others. That ladies and gentlemen is what we are all about and Im am so proud that our traditions live on, we are United States Marines, because that is what we do. When one Marine is hurting we all hurt and that is one thing that truly sets us apart from others. The out pouring on this thread serves as testiment to that. Shawn was the first wannabe Poolee that I met shortly after I became a member of Leatherneck back in 2002, he was a proud MCJROTC Cadet and that impressed the hell out of me. After you read his words that he wrote three years ago when he was safe at home and school in a thread here on Leatherneck my hope is that you will no longer question why I get attached so much. Please forgive my rant.

Again Thank You All

Semper Fi
    Jim

Shawns words from a post in November 2002 at age 16

"A motto to help you out
    I came up with this on my own about a week ago and I think I have it perfected now..."

"Self sacrifice for greater gain."

What it means:

I want to do my part for others no matter what the cost is for me. I don't care if I get beat up or pushed around or made fun of in the process as long as I believe in what I do. If I can make someone else’s life just that much better by giving up some of my own freedoms and everyday comforts in life, then it was well worth it. Now when I step outside and see someone that needs help with something I don't just walk by like it never happened. I stop what I'm doing and help them out. The gratification that you get out of it by the look on someone’s face or the simple "thank you" from their mouths is what makes it all worth while. If everyone started doing things for other people and putting others before themselves, this world would be a better place.

Just my thoughts,
    Seeley

To my young brother Seely.
    I pray that God watches over you and those in your unit. I pray that God watches over all of our boys/girls/brothers/sisters in harms way. The pride we share as Marines is compounded when we have Marines such as yourself serve this great country of ours. Though I may not know you personally I am proud to know of you and many like you. I pray for your recovery and health. I pray for strength for your parents who undoubtably are going through their own hell right now. And alas, God watch over your beloved Amanda, just reading her posts shows a great devotion to you, that is to be commended.

Get well young Marine, young brother, and thank you for going in harms way in my stead.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seely,

You have so much wisdom, and even more than you did when you posted "A motto to help you out". Three years ago you posted this according to, jinelson. The way that you put this in your post seems to have come from someone much older and wiser. I can't thank you enough for what you have done and will continue to do. By the way if you are going to Bethesda I will try to be there if nothing else just to let you know that Marines take care of Marines. I do not know what I can do for you but I will try.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seely,

I don't think I will act like you are not going to be back. Get better, as a DI might say; it's just some broken legs and now you can't sit there with your thumb up your Azz!! Ok no really get better stay MOTIVATED and wish I could be there to fight in your place. GOD BLESS you and your family

SEMPER FI
    IYAOYAS

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    semper fi..god speed marine

JIM, THANKS FOR THE POST SHAWN MADE. NOW THAT SHOWS WHAT ONE CAN DO, WHEN ONE HAS HIS MIND MADE UP. I HAVE NO DOUBT SHAWN WILL RETURN TO MEET THINGS HEAD ON AND WILL PREVAIL. HIS "MOTO" WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. HE HAS THE SUPPORT OF HIS FELLOW BROTHERS, SISTERS AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Semper Fi Marine Shawn hang in there and keep your head held up high for the Good Lord is with you and your family in your time of need He will always be there He is just a prayer away.May you heal quickly and may your fellow Marines heal from their wounds also.May your family find peace and understanding in all that you and them may do.God Bless you for what you do and may He keep you in His everloving arms. Amanda keep on hoping and loving and every thing will be alright. Sgt.Matt U.S.M.C. 69-75

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the support his mother,brother,and I are on our way to MD.

Thread Information