Perks of Being a Poolee - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well if your not breaking the law you wouldn't need to show them your poolee card, but to me I don't see any perks of being a poolee. My teachers still treat me the same. Parents treat me the same. I never been pulled over by a cop because I always pay attention when driving.(I have Poolee hat that usually always wear when driving..just incase)

my neighbor is a vet. from Nam and he doesn't treat me any different. The only people who might treat me different is girls, but thats all good. I also do have a bunch of guys who I think are jealous because I am doing something with my life.

They always say things like I hope you go to Iraq. One time a guy told me that I was tired of hearing his mouth and I told him and when I come back you will still be working at Advance Auto.

No real perks to being a Poolee, but if you take advantage of them or use it to cope out of something your wrong. Now, If your a Marine then you do what you want.

Yeah copping out of tickets is BS...I mean breaking the law is breaking the law. If you can't afford a ticket, then you should not speed! I mean since I got myself busted last time for expired inspection that cost me $120 that I couldn't afford to lose in the first place... I had to bum off friends to pay it and paid them back when i got paid.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i never got a ticket because there are no cops in this area but that doesnt mean us hicks don't do things wrong. If i did get in trouble i would make sure they are aware that i am going into the Marine Corps in June. My recruiter told me about when he got caught speeding, luckily he got pulled over by a former active duty Marine. The average response time in this area for any type of incident is 30 to 45 mins. Nothin like punctuality!

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sorry Im not a goody goody MelloYello, Try living sometime its fun. Kazinganthi, laws were made to be broken or because the person that made the law cant do it and has to ruin it for everyone else.

Live life in the fast lane.

Pel

I don't want to be a kill joy but becoming a Marine doesn't give one an excuse to break the law and you CAN live without doing so...laws were meant to be obeyed, not broken, jusk ask the brig rats. Semper Fi

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    yeah pel what were you thinkin, lol !!

A Month after I enlisted I sold my truck...

I had to run everywhere, and since I'm no PT stud...no worry about tickets.

As for the amount of respect, it's double-edged...there were many people who discouraged me and put me down for my decision.

But I don't regret having made it one bit.

nada for me

just get the occasional congrats on your decision thing

teachers will let me take my finals early...
    thats it

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    RLeon, Being a Marine has no effect on if I break the law or not... Just how much trouble I get in. Some people just have different ways of living.

Pel

Credits
    Savings
    I guess I'm a little more careful when I drive (maybe because I'm a girl). I don't want to risk getting thrown out of DEP. So I've never been pulled over before (although sometimes I tend to go way over the speed limit).

I've noticed that when people hear I've joined the Marines, they suddenly become more interested in me. The word travels pretty fast. There's a guy at my work that's trying to convince me to join the Air Force, says the Marines are too tough. No way, give me Marines or give me death!

Lightbulb

Sorry Pel, but I am actually trying to become a Marine first. After that its all and well to party and have fun, but I am not trying to ruin that chance over some speeding or a little high school fun BS.

Also I am not a goody goody, but some people going to a party is fun and some people think hanging out bowling is fun especially when we have a military bowl night(A bunch of poolees, active and veterans service men). So you pick which one will you get most in trouble with. Enough said.

When you screw your chance up because you get some Cop who hates Marines then we will see who will be laughing. Also when your a Poolee or a Marine people know you are. So try and live up to it for the others. Just like you are a Marine in and out of uniform. Your a Poolee no matter what you do. Think about it.

Originally posted by Pel
    Sorry Im not a goody goody MelloYello, Try living sometime its fun. Kazinganthi, laws were made to be broken or because the person that made the law cant do it and has to ruin it for everyone else.

Live life in the fast lane.

Pel

You are a living breathing future Darwin Award winner Pel.

if this is how you REALLY think, I am glad I will not be around to see you fail.

with that attitude he will have fun in the marine corps......well his cpl's and sgt's will have with him..........LMAO

I got pulled over not to long ago and the first thing the officer asked when he walked up was... why do you have that Marine Sticker on your car son? I was like sir im shipping to MCRD SD on July 5th and he was like really and we started talkin about bootcamp and how he jus got home from iraq and all sorts of stuff and he ... forgot about the ticket but it was pretty cool like i got out of my car and we stood there and talked lol it looked bad because his lights were still going and everything but hey it was fun ... and along the whole "gunny will kick my ass if i get another ticket" my gunny told me he was gonna tan my ass if i got another one lol i have been pulled over 13 times and I only have 3 tickets ( I know A LOT of our officers and I live in a PRETTY large city 250,000+ so lol

I love driving fast and crazy probably more than anymore here, everyone in my plt. is scared to ride w/ me, lol. But---I'm lucky enough to not have any tickets, and I'm telling you now they will hurt you in the Marine Corps. For one, you get enough and you'll have to get a waiver.

And also, if your security forces, they have a school they send people to in FAST Co. called BSR, I forgot what it stands for, but it's basically an awesome school that teaches you special driving skills in SUV's, like the crazy sh!t you see in the movies in car chases and stuff. Tickets will keep you from being able to go to that school, as well as HUMVEE school, bus-drivers school, and I think 7-ton school, all schools that FAST platoons send people to. And theres no waivers for schools, you just miss out.

Also, enough tickets can disqualify you from receiving a secret clearance. Get a ticket on base, and you'll have your driving privelages taken away. Just a few things to think about

Thread Information