Remembering Travis
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Remembering Travis

Last night I had the honor of attending a candelight vigil for our brother LCpl Travs J. Layfield at the local high school around the flag pole. Travis was killed while serving as a radioman wth Echo company 2/4 in al Anbar province in Iraq on April 6, 2004 along with seven other Marines and their corpsman in an ambush. He had the distinction of being the first service member killed in our tri city community in this war, and the out pouring of support from the community was quiet remarkable to say for the least. A year later that support was still very evident as more than 150 folks showed up to honor this Marines life. Twenty four Marines from E 2/4 drove the 400 miles from MCB Camp Pendleton to attend and pay their respects. Another San Francisco Bay Area Marine died that day at the wheel of the humvee transporting Travis and his name was LCpl Kyle Crowley from San Ramon. The entire squad was killed or wounded.

So my brothers and sisters I ask for a slow hand salute in remembering these brave fallen Marines.

Semper Fi
    Jim

[link] http://www.insidebayarea.com/searchresults/ci_2644268[/link]

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Unlike no other, this band of Brothers and Sisters known as United States Marines.
    My prayers and well wishes are heading towads Northern California as I type.

Sad as this subject is.......Thanks Jim for sharing this with all of us here, May God keep them.

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

Slow hand salute completed! Semper Fi

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    H-A-N-D _ _ S-A-L-U-T-E

Taps:

READY....
    TWO

Thread Information