Entertainment Tonight @ Leatherneck.Com
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who’s going where, what are you doing, seeing, visiting?

Any recommendations, for family entertainment?

Les Miserables

Last night, my wife and I went to see the musical based on Victor Hugo’s book Les Miserables.I had seen the play before, and was disappointed this time with the version portrayed at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood.

It was pretty cleared on our way there.

Before the play we visited with our daughter who works in Studio City, insuring the Entertainment Industry. We met her co-workers and this is now, twice that our daughter’s have wanted us to come and visit where they work, which says a lot about how proud they are of their family, that they are willing to share their life with others.

Dinner before the Play

When we left her, it started to rain.

But cleared up, by the time we got to

Louise’s an Italian Restaurant
    on Los Feliz Blvd.

We had a nice dinner there. The service was not that great, and the pasta a bit on the dry side, but I asked for extra sauce which took the waiter forever to get. I think, he forgot, but the food other then that was great and modernly priced.

My wife showing me, she wore the ear-rings Christmas present I gave her. Humm, should have noticed it before she pointed it out.

I had their Chicken Parmigiana;
    Breaded Fresh Chicken Breast Topped with Homemade Tomato Sauce & Mozzarella and served with Fresh Linguini Pasta and Aged Parmigiano Cheese

And my wife had their Grilled Citrus Chicken;
    Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken Served atop a bed Of Angel Hair Pasta Concasse. Accompanied by Fresh Seasonal Vegetables.

Both priced at $14.95 each.

Les Misérables

We got to the Pantages Theatre a bit early and waited in the car, until the crowd in front of the theatre was allowed to go in. No use in standing in line, when we already had purchased our tickets on line. Actually my wife brought the tickets as a gift for me, as she knows I enjoy those types of plays. I think, she’s a keeper. LOL

Inside the theatre

Les Misérables is set in the Parisian underworld. The protagonist, Jean Valjean, is sentenced to prison for 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread. After his release, Valjean plans to rob monseigneur Myriel, a saintlike bishop, but cancels his plan. However, he forfeits his parole by committing a minor crime, and for this crime Valjean is haunted by the police inspector Javert. Valjean eventually reforms and becomes under the name of M. Madeleine a successful businessman, benefactor and mayor of a northern town. To save an innocent man, Valjean gives himself up and is imprisoned in Toulon.

He escapes and adopts Cosette, an illegitimate child of a poor woman, Fantine. Cosette grows up and falls in love with Marius, who is wounded during a revolutionary fight. Valjean rescues Marius by means of a flight through the sewers of Paris. Cosette and Marius marries and Valjean reveals his past. - The story has been filmed several times and made into a musical by the composer Claude-Michel Schönberg and the librettist Alain Boublil, opening in 1980 in Paris. The English version was released in 1985 and the Broadway version followed two years later.

The Play

and, that's entertainment tonight at leatherneck.com LOL

Well done Cook...thanks for the tour. Yep, it looks like you got a keeper there...and a looker too. I read the menu...for some reason I want Italian tonight.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sparrowhawk,
    You are either a member of the LA papparazzi (?) or one of those guys that gets into movie houses and records the movies to make pirate copies. Somewhat like Palladin of "Have Gun, Will Travel"..only this time it's Sparrowhawk "Have Lens (telescopic) , Will Hump". LOL
    Great tour. Like gbudd mentioned, your better half is a real keeper and looker.
    Looks like you folks had a heck of an evening.

Thumbs up

Great Shots!!!! I haven't seen my old stomping grounds in a while...and NO, not East L.A.! LOL
    I am glad you had a great time with the Mrs. Sorry to hear that the pasta and service was bad. There's nothing I hate more than bad italian food!
    Alimento Disgustoso!!!!!(Italian for: Disgusting food )

If you are ever in Houston, I recommend Clyde Drexler's BBQ! It has the best chopped beef sandwiches and Smothered BBQ ribs! Highly recommended!!!!

Arrivederci...ciao!!

Sgt Morales....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

What was not disclosed!

A short time after we sat down, just before the play started. My wife leaned forward and placed her hair up.

I was wondering why she was doing that and she said, the guy behind us had accidentally placed his knees up against the back of her chair and it had caught her hair.

Just then I saw that his knees were up against the back of the chair once more, causing it to go forward a bit.

A baldheaded, stocky dude about 6' 4" with his wife and a friend, sitting next to him.

Well, I figured it was an accident the first time and dismissed it. No sooner did the play begin, when he did it again; I slipped my arm around my wife and accidentally knocked his knees off the chair. I know I hit him hard, because his knees went flying off. No respond.

A short time later he placed his knees up against the back of the chair and I slowly placed my arm around my wife again and this time a short time later when I took it back, down went his knees.

You would think the guy would have taken the hint. But a short time later he did it again and this time I slipped my arms around and knocked his knees off, and was about to tell him something, when he said;

"Will you stop hitting my knees!"

Typical, response from one that's done wrong, trying to cover up, what he was doing. I stood up, during the play. Looked at him, and said;

In a very gentle voice;

"You have been placing your knees up against my wives chair, Now, I advice you not to do it, anymore."

I mean, I did it in a very pleasant voice, with the tone, jsut a bit more aggrssive. LOL

By then my wife could see the anger, coming up and she said; "Cook" the guy got a bit huffy then, started to stand up, but I grabbed my wives hand and moved her over to my chair and sat down in hers.

Funny, how his knees never again even so much as touched the back of the chair.

I had figured if he so much as tried anything, or used any weapon, and since we were right at the front of the mezzanine, with a big drop in front of us, he would have easily gone over the rail, before he could have done any real damage. It’s not often my blood boils, up so quickly, but it does when my wife, or my girl’s are involved.

Jollywood!

Here's one for you Osotogary

On the right is the WebCam, at Hollywood and Vine.

I waved to you all last night, but only Nc. Gal waved back.

Morales, I didn't know Hollywood Blvd was your old stumping grounds, Hey, I might know you then, since sometimes when I was a police officer, I would stop and talk to the girl's on Hollywood Blvd... LMAO

Tonight is my 1 year anniversary!!! We are just going into Biloxi for a nice dinner

HA HA HA COOK!!! I'm not that kind of girl! I use to go dancing at the clubs down there...Florentine Gardens and The Palace!
    But what were you doing talking to the girls on the Blvd? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

By the way...I'll be going to the Big Easy (New Orleans) for the New Years...I'll make sure to take pictures of the festivities!
    Happy Anniversary Sgt J.

WAY TO GO SPARROWHAWK!!!!!!!!

Now, that's the way I like to see a man protect his wife.--------
    if only there were more like you.

Didn't think you saw me waving, I had to use my shirt
    to really get your attention!!!!!!!!!

Sparrowhawk, your wife's a BABE!!!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sparrowhawk,
    I am truly flattered that you had thoughts and concerns about me during your night of fun, frivolity and intrique. If you had turned your forearm/wrist on impact as you struck the slobs leg/shins you could have done some legitimate damage. Good for you. Did you check his breathing patterns? Inhale=strike. Good for you.

Yes, now I know it was you at

Originally posted by Sgt Morales, AM
    HA HA HA COOK!!! I'm not that kind of girl! I use to go dancing at the clubs down there...Florentine Gardens and The Palace!
    But what were you doing talking to the girls on the Blvd? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Originally posted by Sgt Morales, AM
    By the way...I'll be going to the Big Easy (New Orleans) for the New Years...I'll make sure to take pictures of the festivities!
    Happy Anniversary Sgt J.
    Yes, you're right; at the Florentine Gardens and The Palace! The guys pay the girls there to dance with them. Must have been there I saw you, dancing with a pocket full of money. LOL

P.S. I'm sending you some beads so that when you get to Bourbon Street in the French Quarter you can send me a picture. Do beads by email count? LMAO

Thread Information