"An Army Of One" - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Has anyone of you noticed the "Army of One" commercial, the one that shows a guy running, then the picture pulls back, you see the same guy still running, BUT!, the Armor in the back ground is going the OTHER WAY? I must admit the first thing I was thinking, in a "Army of One" you can watch your fire team members become deserters? because you fire teams members own little "Army's of One" decided it was time to sound retreat? The funny thing about this, one of my sons AGE 13 was the first in my house to notice, he asked, Dad, why is he running the other way, when the tanks are going the other? .. Kids you gotta love them.

Hey smoking 878....be careful with your remarks. This is a Marine Corps site and we do not take kindly to negative remarks about Marines. We all know the Army is overthere and what they are doing but they are not Marines. I take it you were a Army of One officer? Or are you just trying to still things up a bit? If so, you may get your wish.

I don't think anyone here is bashing the other branches of service. just sounds dumb and a waste of money. Who ever heard of an "Army of One".

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    We have different Traditions and marketing. Poking fun at the "Army of One" advertising campaign is not belittling the soldiers that are doing their job.

Settle down 878, remember you are a guest here, and you haven't earned anything as of yet.

If you got something positive about the ads let's hear it. Other wise be careful what you open up.

smoking878...I read your profile. Not much there...probably a good idea not to give out your 10-20...I didn't appreciate your negative comments about the Marines. Tell us more.. I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Smoking878, were just having a little fun. Were just comparing the different marketing strategies. There are a few us on this site who have crossed over to the Army side, and some who have crossed over from other branches. Same team concept brother, we could argue which branch has the better (*insert job here*) all day.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Smoking878,
    Please note that no one has referred to you as ignorant, stupid or as a "sucka". Maybe that's the difference.

Smoking878...I hope we didn't run you off.

Smoking878 you are pretty thin skinned. This is how we Marines are all the time. Remember our title is earned not given to us.

You notice Smoking878 was only able to come in and make some stupid little punk a-- comments and then Run! He's obviously an Army of One! OCS? If he's a Lt. in the Army, you would expect such remarks from an immature little kid.
    I was on Recruiting Duty when the Army of One slogan came out and even the Army Recruiters were saying "What the f--- is an Army of One?" and were rather embarassed by it. It was great Ammunition to Raz them with.
    Nobody on this site is taking anything away from the soldiers who are over in Iraq putting their lives on the line. In fact, if you'll dig, we regularly put up posts of Soldiers and how the Army of One is sticking it straight up their a--es when they get back here and are getting out with debilitating injuries.
    We just like to point out that the Army is not the Marine Corps. Inter-Service Rivalries have been around since the beginning of time. My Dad is Retired Air Force and like I told him "Not everyone has what it takes to be a Marine, but I'm proud of your service to your Country!" LOL
    You shouldn't have such thin skin Smoking878 but then again, it might get you a couple of John Kerry Purple Hearts if you bleed that easily!

GunnyL

That was great GunnyL....LOL and I agree, we are not taking anything away from the army. Semper Fi.............I got your pm yellowwing...I think we are all on the same page here.

Smoking 878 you said it all right there The Army of One is losing a hell of lot more men than the Marine Corps and do you Know why ?? because your Army dont have the leadership or the brains the Marine Corps has....

hrscowboy...you trying to get smoking 878 out in the open and come out of hiding? He's probably busy updating his profile. LOL

Geez 878...you must be out of your mind referring to the USMC as stupid or ignorant. OCS? It's probably more like a high school ROTC cadet/student who needed the extra credits to graduate from High School! Grown ups, especially Marines don't refer to other people as "sucka"...

Furthermore, you have proven the "Army of One" theory. You are all lone on this one buddy! I don't see anyone else backing you up.

Helloooooo Smoking878...WHERE ARE YOU????

SEMPER FI MARINES!!!!

yeah you got to flush them like you do quail and kill them all...

Thread Information