"An Army Of One" - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    As a training NCO with the Army, I would have LTC's come to me and ask, is the training as good as the Marines?

Makes you grin, right?

It always made me grin too!

danjate
    Guest Free Member
    -LOL-

good ONE,
    get it

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    In Junior High School, an Army guy came out and addressed the student body. He gave a good talk, not about the Army but about Character. That planted the seed.

Fast forward to the fall of 1982...the Army ROTC guys had uniforms that looked pretty much just like the Regular Army.

When the Marine Recruiter came around that was it. Those Dress Blues said something to me. "This is different, this is a challenge. Everyone's Uncle and Grandpa wore Army Green. Not everone can wear these Dress Blues!"

This happened earlier this year while I was working for Waffle House.

Around 0100, a large group of Army recruiters enter and sit down. I was watching these drunks, to be sure that no one got out of line. One got up and went to he juke box and on his way back, stopped, looked at me and asked, "Is this what what you dreamed of doing for the rest of your life?" My reply was, "I already live my dream". He asked "And, what was that?". I looked him straight in the eye and said "I joined the Marine Corps." He sat down and didn't say two words to me for the rest of his stay.

Credits
    Savings
    WillManning - that was EXCELLENT, simply EXCELLENT!!!

danjate
    Guest Free Member
    you should have asked him the same question

Very nice Sparrow Hawk, I laughed my A** off.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My son - tigger - did Army JROTC at our lolocal high school - got to the number 2 slot in the command roster - did the drill team and all the "good" stuff.

First Sgt. comes to him at graduation with the Army recruiter - gives him the whole spiel about "An Army of One". Chris tells him it is noce to meet him, but he has to go - doesn't want to be late for his appointment with the Marine Corps recruiter.

The camera got the best shot..........if i find it, I'll try to post it.

danjate
    Guest Free Member
    I sure would like to see that [b]ONE[b/]!

The best Marine Recruiting slogan in my opinion is: "Were looking for a few good men"

And Marine commercials stay on for years after shooting just one. They still give me a tingle, watching that sword come up to salute, if I wasnt so mean it might even bring a tear to my eye.

I never understood why they changed the Army's slogan to an Army of One. What are you going to do with 2 million people all wearing their own army's uniform?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I remember hearing an Army commercial in High School, about 1982. I think they were trying to communicate how new and high tech the Army was.

"The new Apache has Digital read outs!"

I was thinking, "Big deal, my alarm clock has digital read out!"

smoking878
    Guest Free Member
    i have a quote for you marine boys

the stupid, the ignorant, the marines

Improvise, adapt, over come!!

Doesn't sound stupid or ignorant to me.

Semper Fi

smoking878
    Guest Free Member
    now can you dig that, sucka

smoking878
    Guest Free Member
    don't mean to be rude or anything, but when you talk about another branch of service thats in the middle east right now and losing just as many people as the marine corps, and probably alot more than the marines are losing, somebody has to stand up for the army and say something

Thread Information