Create Post
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Well dont we all just love our country lol

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    mines 20060710 goin in to 1316 metal worker

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    I switched my mos choices with my recruiter. my # 1 is now COmbat Photography, i changed because I DONT want to be in a building behind a desk. i'd go crazy doing that.
    tegan

im gonna be a combat photographer too. do you know anything about it>?

Credits
    Savings

Tank Operator(combat support, Charlie Bravo)

Will look up MOS # and post back..

hey th_mo, i loove photography. I know that I want to be a combat photographer. Since I cant much get into Infantry and stuff like that, this is a good choice for me. Im looking forward to it, Bootcamp is 24 days away!!!!
    Tegan

i ship june 26 cant wait. really pumped im gonna be doing what i love too.

yoooooooooo

20051205. 03xx

Registered User Free Member Sgt Shayani's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

MP Field needs help

Im an MP and if any of you are looking into the MP 5811 field, I would highly recomend it. You get both side's of the Marine Corps too in the MP work.

There's field MP's and Base MP's. Both can deploy, but the Field side obviously IS a field unit, you get to provide convoy security for convoy's traveling from base to base, learn all of the machine guns and make close friends at the same time.

The base side is basically like the Cops you see out in town, besides the gates, which isnt bad at all, you have alot of freedom on the gates, it's only busy during the morning time for about an hour or so, other than that it's smooth like butta. With everything else you work your way up and eventually become a patrolman and pull people over, not bad at all, plus it will build up a resume for when you ever get out, whether it's 4 years or 20+.

Just an Idea

I am an Accident Investigator on Camp Pendleton, and we could use some help in the MP field, it would be much appreciated if you looked into it.

Sgt Shayani

Credits
    Savings

My Mos/Shipdate

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog4ever
    leaving 20050713

aviations electronics

That's what I was lead to believe I got, then I found out that included 0621-field radio operator. Just because it says aviation electronics, you might want to read the small print. I signed for a B-7, which is an open contract for aviation electronics, didn't really see the part that said communications. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. All I know is 0621 is the 2nd largest mos (other than infantry), and no one signs for it, so they get there quota one way or another. It's not too bad though, my life expectancy in combat is 3 seconds, but at least I get to call in air strikes!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2006
    20060605 MCRDSD

03xx SF

That's almost my 1 year anniversary! I shipped June 6, 2005. My one year anniversary falls on 060606! I knew I shipped to boot camp on a bad day!

Credits
    Savings
    hmmm...who else other than me and those 2 others are shippin 060619

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

When will we ever learn.....?

"SCREW ADMIN! HOW IN THE HELL CAN U SIT N A CHAIR AND DO PAPER WORK WHILE OTHER MARINES ARE IN THE GRIND IN IRAQ!!"

BLT 1/8 Headquarters barracks in Beirut,Lebanon October 23rd 1983 was admin and support,220 of my fallen comrades are dead...died while supporting the Grunt!

Who does the paperwork,unit diary,and disbursing records,leave & earnings statement and leave papers for "those" that are on the ground in Iraq when they get back?

Where would the Marine Corps be?..
    If the grunt did not have the support of the machinegunner and mortar man? It is a very pretty sight to see a tank sitting behind your line to be called upon if needed. I cussed the supply man a many times because they wanted to give my men raggedy gear, but I also praised them because I needed to have them with 782 gear and flak jackets and helmets. And in the end they always came through. If you get in tight you may get a can of coffee or two. Some of that gear saved a many life. Couldn’t get along with out them C-rats either. Arty was always very loud, but when the FO called in a grid, they always came through, and took out the target. Couldn’t have called them if it wasn’t for the radioman and the wireman to keep that lines open. Even as s**t was hitting the fan. Thank God we didn’t have to send smoke signals or beat on drums. As a grunt you mostly hump and dig in and then hump again Hurry up, wait, hurry up, move out. But, Motor “T” was always a blessed sight, even if ya were herded into a cattle car, or in the back of a cold bumpy 6x6. That’s where the meat wagons come from too! Historically it is said the grunts and wing do not get along. Again count your blessings for the wing, when you need to make a tactical insurgent 40 miles from your starting location into a hot LZ. Very impressive sight when you see 8 choppers in the sky bringing you reinforcements, waterbulls, mules or a jeep. Hungry call the wing, they will drop the C-Rats by the pallets for you. The wing saved many a life by ferrying the wounded to ships offshore or to a field hospital. Remington Raiders, get a bad rap. But without them your pay and leave would not be. Keep a check on them though, because they are only human. Cooks, God bless them! Try to cook for hundreds and not have a complaint. Get up at 0330 and sometimes don’t leave until 1900.Gotta love it! How about them corpsman, do the same thing as the Marines and save lives too! All the “S” shops and HQ’s provide ya with mail, Intel, an ass chewing and a good laugh now and then. I could go on and on, but by now you should understand where I’m coming from. I love the grunts; I wouldn’t have wanted to do anything else. I found it to be very rewarding. Every Marine is a rifleman. But it couldn’t be done without all of the Marine Corps mos supports.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Well said, Phantom Blooper.

Regardless of the MOS you may choose, it is all part of the Marine Corps mission. Be proud of what you choose to do, and do it well. A fellow Marines life might depend on it.

Ron

Just remember this "If you ain't Infantry, your just support."

Thread Information