Looney Tunes demonstrators At RNC
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looney Tunes demonstrators At RNC

"You are known by the company you keep," is a familiar saying and if those demonstrating the RNC are an indication of who supports Kerry for president it tells you a lot.

From Tom Hayden who earlier today described how to commit civil disobedience to Liberal lawyers offering free legal advice to those planning to turn themselves into human cannonballs and attacking police this weeks RNC will be played out in the streets by the media and the message inside may not be heard.

Everybody N their brother from sing-sing to Cambodia, from Commies to clowns will be there supporting Kerry.

The message they bring is very clear, it all against every moral belief the majority of Americans holds.

Huge Anti-Bush Protests Expected in NYC

Aug 29, 10:46 AM (ET)

By TOM RAUM

NEW YORK (AP) - Demonstrators took to the streets on Sunday to protest President Bush's foreign and domestic policies as Republican delegates gathered to nominate the president for a second term.

A day ahead of the start of the Republican National Convention, up to 250,000 demonstrators were expected to march up Seventh Ave. past the Madison Square Garden convention site in midtown Manhattan. The protesters were denied a permit to demonstrate in Central Park, but many said they would go there anyway.

As the protesters gathered 20 blocks south of the convention site Sunday morning, New York police said more than 300 people had been arrested through Saturday night for disorderly conduct and convention-related incidents.

Meanwhile, Bush reflected on his role in the war on terrorism. "I'm not the historian. I'm the guy making history," the president said in an interview with Time magazine.

Asked what he learned from the past four years, Bush said he'd learned "that Washington is a much more bitter, ugly place, dominated by special interests, than I ever envisioned."

Pre-convention polls showed the race evenly split between Bush and Democrat John Kerry, although the challenger has lost ground since his convention in Boston a month ago. The four-day Republican convention opens Monday.

On the eve of the convention, politicians of both parties made the rounds of television talk shows.

Sen. Zell Miller, a Georgia Democrat who will deliver the keynote address Wednesday night, said he'd never voted for a Republican for president "but I'm going to this time."

Kerry "is not in the mainstream of this country. He's way to the left of this country," Miller said on Fox News Sunday.

Bush went to church Sunday morning, rode his mountain bike and was flying later to Wheeling, W.Va., for a rally. He was campaigning in battleground states as he makes his way to this overwhelmingly Democratic convention city.

Kerry was spending the day at his beachfront home in Nantucket, Mass., where he planned to plot strategy for the final two months of the presidential campaign.

"We've got 66 days to go, and I'm in a fighting mood," he said on Saturday during a campaign visit to Washington state.

Meanwhile, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., said that Bush's re-election "would be a disaster." Interviewed on NBC's "Meet the Press," Clinton accused the president of "four years of unaccountable use of power" and of a failed economic policy.

Asked if she agreed with Kerry's call for Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to resign, Clinton said, "I'm hoping the entire administration is fired on Nov. 2."

On Saturday, thousands of abortion rights protesters marched across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Besides the protest march past the convention site, several other events were planned, including a gay rights demonstration and a vigil in Central Park by a group of Sept. 11 families opposed to the Iraq war.

The New York Daily News made a front-page pitch for calm on Sunday, publishing a front-page editorial with the headline, "Play Nice."

The convention site is several miles north of Ground Zero, where two hijacked planes destroyed both towers of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Nearly 3,000 people died there, at the Pentagon and at a crash site in Pennsylvania.

Thousands of police guarded New York roadways, bridges, tunnels and ports, while vehicle restrictions in an 18-square-block area around the Garden snarled traffic in a city already congested.

Inside the hall, the transformation from sports and entertainment center to convention site was complete, with a custom-made podium filling one side of the hall and thousands of balloons above.

A small group of delegates have been here since the middle of last week for platform hearings, but scores were arriving on Sunday.

Bush arrives Wednesday. He'll spend one night in New York before bolting for the battlegrounds of Pennsylvania, Ohio and beyond shortly after accepting the GOP nomination.

The delegates were arriving under unprecedented security.

Convention attendees were greeted with a list of prohibited items that included guns, explosives, fireworks and knives - "regardless of size" - as well as some less obvious items such as umbrellas.

"Umbrellas - especially the big golf-type ones - they could be used in an improper way as a weapon," said Ann Roman, a spokeswoman for the Secret Service.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I do not expect that the DNC fringe groups will maintain the disciple of the likes of the VVAK in Boston.

I saw a news clip of one idiot punching a GWB supporter. He was rightly and promptly arrested.

I don't see orderly protests lined up. I think it will be a mess. I pray that the line of blue are ready.

Deja Vu all over again...

The goofballs are hoping and praying for a repeat of the '68 Democratic Convention in Chicago, which spawned the likes of Abby Hoffman (thank God he's dead), Tom Fonda, nee Hayden, and the rest of the Chicago seven. Which, in turn, produced the great show trial of the late sixties, and made them all media darlings, and celebrites of the left.

The police are a hell of alot more savvy to the tactics and goals of the left, than they were 36 years ago. There will be protests and disruptions, but I predict the outcome will disappoint the slimebags of the left.

I'm more concerned that there will be a major terrorist attack. Maybe if enough "anarchists" get wasted by an islamic terrorist attack, they'll start to be more appreciative of the "law and order" needed to stop islamofascist terror.

Michael Moore to be USA's RNC Reporter

John Kerry must be foaming at the mouth right now....

Stupid idiot demonstrators will only encourage terrorist to commit acts of terror because they will see these misfits as supporting their belief's much like the Commies did in the 60's.

and the latest is that Michael Moore will be USA Today's representative as their RNC Reporter.

The terrorists don't need encouragement from protesters to commit terrorist acts. They believe God is on their side, and that's plenty enough to motivate them. Also President Bush encouraged them to "Bring it on!" as well.

bring it on, bang a gong, yadda yadda yadda

Hmmm.. coulda swore that was the hard charging, combat decorated, veins in his teeth, war hero, motor boat captain who yearns to be CIC, John "Fonda" Kerry, that said "bring it on"... guess maybe my hearing is going out on me...

"The message they bring is very clear, it all against every moral belief the majority of Americans holds."

That's strange - because I thought that the "moral belief" that the "majority of American's hold" is the right of free speech, the right to express one's self, the right to form and voice an opinion and the right to vote for our elected leaders...

...or, do you mean the spoon fed diatribes of Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh et al, who would do your thinking for you? These are NOT the moral beliefs of the MAJORITY of Americans!! Any one who does not drink the right wing Kool Aid is "loony?" God help us!

There are Marines in IRAQ right now laying their lives on the line to give the Iraqis the rights of free speech and to express their political views that you would seem to deny our own citizens.

This country was formed in the cauldron of political protest. We protested against unfair governance by the British crown. We have had political protests in virtually every generation. It is the right of every citizen.

Some of us, and many of us on this forum, seem to want to inhibit the rights of those who don't think the way we do; we want to label them as "loony" or "crazy" and discredit their right to act as a US citizen.

I served my Corps to protect those rights and hand them down from generation to generation. What did you fight for?

Guess the truth hurts

Nope, we mean the spoon fed diatribes of Al Frankin, Janeane Garofalo, Michael Moore, et al... They're pretty looney tunes, and sorry Major, they ain't the voice of the masses. In fact, they're a whole lot farther from representing the majority, than any conservative spokesperson.

Seems to me the lunatic left is enjoying their freedom of speech, as well as their freedom of expression, just fine. Wearing crazy costumes, or for those who forgot their's, just going nude. Depicting our President as a muderer, and parading around in costumes representing a tarnished Statue of Liberty with a death's rictus. You don't think that's looney, then what's in your koolaid?

That "fighting for their rights" b.s. mantra is old and tired. Those Marines in Iraq aren't fighting for the rights of idiots to disrespect them, or their country, or their Commander In Chief. Just like we weren't fighting in Vietnam, for John Fonda Kerry's, right to stab us in the back, while exercising his "free speech" and tell lies before Congress, in 1971, while also wearing a silly costume, by the way.

We here don't want to "inhibit" anybody's rights. Seems you don't like hearing us exercise our freedom to call the leftwing protesting fools, the lunatics, a$$holes, and scum of the earth that they trully are!!!

Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh

Are too far to the left of me, to allow them to do any talking for me.

Bush who's father served with the CIA, should have exposed Kerry's commie connections that have never been fully exposed.

But, for now let me see who's been today's spokesmen at those demonstration.

Several of the same people that protested the Vietnam war were there. Some were blaming the Christians who they said, see the anti-terrorist war as a holy war.”

The causes varied as much as the people shouting support: immigrants’ rights, gay rights, universal health care, the Palestinian cause, an end to the killing in Sudan. Tracy Blevins, a biomedical researcher who recently left New York for Houston, dyed her Maltese pink and carried the little dog in a baby pouch to advocate peace.

'They exploited 9-11 by having it in New York at this time.”

Commie Tom Haden, Hillary rotten Clinton, Jesse Jackson, as well the gays and lesbians, the baby killers. The pro drug addicts, and here's some other 'sthat reveal the moral believes of this crowd.

Hillary Rotten Clinton

The anarchists resembling terrorist like those that attacked the world trade center. Yep, a real nice happy lot.

but you may be right they may not be looney, just crazy and anti-American values, that's for sure.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That's right these left wing malcontents have more leadership impact than what we have now. Thanks to our elected leadership the looines have run of the asylum. But of course its not the elected Anministarion's fault. He can't make good use of a majority of Congressional and Governorial majorities.

Michael Moore must be the better leader! He gets paid better anyway.

More pic's

An anti-Bush group "Clown Army" marches on the Great Lawn in New York's Central Park on Sunday, Aug. 29, 2004, the day before the start of the Republican National Convention

another one

Ooophs, wrong one.. well it could have been one.. LOL

here's the one I was gona post...

Some of the protesters may be looney, but at least they're not neocons with dual loyalty (they love Israel more than America) fighting a war for Israel's security (because it sure as hell aint for our security).

Eddie..

A suggestion: Take your meds, and make sure they kick in, before posting.

Thanks, man.

NYC doesn't like the neocons. Maybe they should have had their convention in red state territory. Preferably in Nebraska where the crap they're shoveling would have been good fertilizer for the corn crop. Or better yet, they could have had it in Israel with their buddies- the Likuds.

Thread Information