"Bin Laden 18,000 strong" - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User Free Member fulmetaljackass's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Speaking of kill ratios, my history instructor was in Vietnam from early '65 to '66 and then a drill instructor afterwards. He was telling us about kill ratios back then, and forgive me because I cannot remember who said this to whom (and that right there just makes this sound like hearsay, but it's not), but a really high- up gov't official was quoted saying to a really high-up military commander (possibly commander MACV at the time, but like I said, I can't quite remember), but when it came to the kill ratio, the gov't official was quoted saying to the military commander, "Congratulations. You have just killed 300% of the enemy."

It just goes to show that bodycounts are bullsh!% because the only one it's possible to get correct is the one from our side.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Smile Not even SHOWER SHOES?

And they are already talking about kill ratios, confirmed kills and body counts? You POOLEEs need to worry about BOOT CAMP and your General Orders first!

Trust me there is nothing fun or exciting about having to go to war and kill! My first weeks in the fleet my unit was sent to "Haiti" via the USS Saipan in early 1994, but we stood down and had our "Haitian Vacation". I wasn't really expecting to be deployed so quickly after my MOS school, but this isn't the BOY SCOUTS. We are highly trained killers, so our nation calls the best of the best when bad happens. First to go...last to know. Six months later the US invaded Haiti.

The whole time I was an 0331 machine gunner in the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS I prayed for world peace on a daily basis and I still do. I don't have a CAR (Combat Action Ribbon), but I have stood on Alert 30 aboard the USS Kearsarge praying to God my friends and fellow Marines didn't get shot down. Being on the rapid reaction force really sucked but drawing weapons, ammo, grenades, and all those extra goodies made me have a serious epiphany about what I was about to do for my country. I'm not even going to lie! I was scared as hell at first! My faith in God is what helped me out the most and also knowing other Marines in my company had already seen combat in Desert Storm was reassuring to me also.

I got a NUC (Navy Unit Commendation) and an AFSM (Armed Forces Service Medal) out of the deal but medals and ribbons aren't anything if you are dead! Some of my fellow Marines got CARs for the O'Grady Rescue, and they didn't like going on the TRAP mission very well.

They all had the "THOUSAND YARD STARE" when they returned from the rescue operation. I can honestly say I'm glad I have never seen combat and I never want to either. But on that day, just like any other day I'd have died for my brother Marines. And I know in my heart and soul they'd have done the same for me if they had too.

SEMPER FIDELIS? Those are not just words...it's something you need to live and die by if you are a Marine or want to be one!

TRUST ME RECRUITS...

Ask anyone who has seen war and I'm sure they will tell you the same thing any other Marine here is saying to you. War isn't something to joke about and it's not something you wish for! If you do...YOU ARE A FOOL and becoming a Marine your wish might just come true. So watch what you wish for!

P.S. I met Commandant Charles C. Krulak when we came stateside. He came to our barracks and to me this was way better then meeting any President. Even Bill Clinton!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Awsome post snipowsky.

Thread Information