Enlistment MOS Inquiry
Create Post

Enlistment MOS Inquiry

I'm getting my bachelors degree in illustration in 2 years, I want to go enlisted but I'll be 27 by the time I graduate from university (will I be too old to enlist?). I always liked filming and would like to enlist into an MOS that deals with film. What is the difference between a 4600 Basic Combat Camera Marine and a 4671 Combat Videographer?

Thanks!

-F

Similar Threads:

Can't answer all your specific questions. A recruiter can but there are no recruiters here - you need to go sit down with one (there are no obligations). One thing to always remember, you cannot enlist for a specific MOS unless you sign a reserve contract. You can only sign for a MOS field/category, in this case, the 4600 field. The primary MOS you end up with will depend on the needs of the Marine Corps at that particular time. Your needs are secondary, at best.

Good luck.

Plenty of 27-year-olds join the Marine Corps, but keep in mind it's a young mans game. With a college degree, and being a bit older, I'd really push you to consider going the officer route.

Mike

Good suggestion Mike!

ORDO AD CHAO

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    There is one Marine here who was a combat photographer in Vietnam. PM him. His username is fl1946

Thanks ya'll for the honest responses

Thread Information