Mos 4600
Create Post

Thread: Mos 4600

Exclamation Mos 4600

I will be going to speak to my recruiter on Wednesday for the first time. I've done a lot of research (so I think) and from what I understand, if I want a specific MOS field I should ask the recruiter for that contract in writing, correct? I'm hoping for 4600 or 02 if I can't get the former. Any tips on this guys? Do I just wait until a spot opens if he can't guarantee it? I really don't want to have to settle for other things.

Similar Threads:

you will be tested, your scores will tell you what you qualify for if your scores are high enough then you have a chance, and may have to wait to ship out if there are no openings, as far as guaranteeing that MOS I am not sure when I went in the only thing at that time that was guaranteed was the 03xx field, but that was back when joining wasn't high on peoples priority list.

The career field changed to 4500, and it is now the CH contract (mass communication and combat camera) per the FY18 Enlistment Incentive Programs message (MARADMINS 505/17).

Thank you for your help.

TolzerVman, do you know where I can find an updated description of the 45xx field then? Thank you for informing me about that.

Credits
    Savings
    TolzerVman -

Why don't you GOOGLE IT FOR HIM ?

this is a good place to plant a
    face palm

Check with a recruiter since you now know what contract to ask about.

CH program: (11) CH (Mass Communication and Combat Camera): 4512, 4531, 4541, 4571.

http://www.marines.mil/News/Messages/Messages-Display/Article/1307650/fy18-enlistment-incentive-programs/

m14ed, I checked myself first and only found the released communication message that he has just linked me to. I wasn't sure if there was a drafted description of the newly formed MOS and not just the MOS Code.

TolzerVman, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and will post an update. Hopefully that information can be used for other guys that were looking at 4600.

crazymjb, thank you for the link.

So after speaking to my recruiter, my initial thoughts are positive. He seems like a nice guy (I'm sure that's their job.) He is eager to get me into MEPS and I believe that's because he wants me to sign for DEP which won't guarantee my preferred field. That's because all DEP is technically open contract right? He did however tell me that there is an opening for my field on June 6th. Would it be possible to do a direct ship from MEPS a couple days before June 6th so that I can directly sign an active duty contract to reserve my MOS field? Is my thought process correct, I know I'm thinking out loud, so please correct me where my understanding is lacking.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post

m14ed,

I checked myself first
    and only found the released communication message
    that he has just linked me to.

I wasn't sure if there was a drafted description of the
    newly formed MOS and not just the MOS Code.

crazymjb, thank you for the link.
    NO PROBLEM Sweetpea !

Best you ask after not finding info-

I'm just a crank anyway-

But- you'll learn

Thread Information