Questions about the Military Police Field.
Create Post

Questions about the Military Police Field.

Is the Military Police field tough to get into? My recruiter told me its hard to get. Is there usually a high demand for MP's? I would like to ship out in as soon as 2 months if I get the required ASVAB score. Is it possible to ship out that fast? Thankyou

Similar Threads:

Your recruiter would know way better than any of us. The needs of the Corps change over time. What needs to be filled one month, may not need filled the next, and the MP field is a fairly small MOS, so it's likely that they just don't need MP contracts as much as other MOS's. What attracted you to the MP field?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I agree with what Silver said. It all depends on what the Corps needs at the time. I was a lateral transfer into MPs back in the 1970s so everything has changed big time since then.

However, it is very unlikely you will be able to ship to boot camp within two-months. As a guess, depending on your current physical fitness level and the needs of the Corps, you'd be looking at six-months to a year before shipping.

I know there is a minimum age requirement so that in itself makes it tougher to get into than some other fields.

Your recruiter may be telling you that also because they don't have any 58XX contracts to offer, and don't expect to have any for awhile. So, they are going to shy you away from that field, at least for now.

Sometimes, a poolee will unexpectedly drop out of the DEP, and their recruiter will look to fill their ship date slot. So, shipping early is a possibility but not something you should plan on. Just be sure your recruiter is aware of when you want to ship.

Make sure your recruiter explains the 5800 field to you. That field includes both MP and corrections (prison guard). You cannot be guaranteed one over the other (unless you go reserves). Which one you ultimately end up with depends on the needs of the Marine Corps - not your needs. You need to understand that before signing the final contract.

Thread Information