MOS help
Create Post

Thread: MOS help

MOS help

I want to be a tanker or aav crewman but i have poor vision ive done my research and requirements say 20/20 corrected in both eyes my right eye is good but my left eye is 20/40 is this going to keep me from being able to be either of these mos's is the marine corps strict on vision?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchini View Post

i have poor vision
    done my research
    **************requirements say
    ********"20/20 corrected "
    both eyes

my right eye is good but my left eye is 20/40 is this going to keep me from being able to be either of these mos's is the marine corps strict on vision?
    DO YOU understand what you just posted.
    do you understand the requirements ???

Maybe ?
    eye transplants ?

or
    even a seeing eye dog can take the test for you ?

You need to ask your recruiter these questions (that's their job to know). Let us know what they say.

Good luck.

Corrected means with glasses. I'm in the process of applying to be a pilot in the Army, even pilots can have 20/50 uncorrected, 20/20 with glasses. You'll be fine, but make sure you have glasses so that you ARE in fact 20/20 corrected, and bring those with you to MEPS for the eye exam. They want to see that your corrected vision is what is outset in the requirements.

Also, to M14ed's point, Laser eye surgery is a well accepted but expensive option these days, even in aviation. For what you are doing, you will be fine with just corrective lenses, though.

Best of luck,

Mike

Thread Information