Legendary Marine General James Mattis may be tapped to be Trump's defense secretary - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
    There is a completely unsubstantiated rumor his nickname was derived from the UMSC (enlisted) wine of choice in the late 60s/early 70s at MCRD San Diego: Mad Dog 20-20.

I am proud to be a graduate of the same class (1969) of his enlistment in the USMC.

When he was appointed CMC, he stated “This policy that doesn’t allow sleeve tattoos is a bunch of horse****,” said Mattis, as he showed off his own full-sleeve tattoos running down both arms. “So that’s the first thing to go.”

http://www.duffelblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/mattis-sleeve-tattoo-800x600.jpg

Note he is carrying his own pack.

As SecDef, he just might have the drag to carry that promise off.

Bro, Gen Mattis was nevere CMC. Duffleblog is a satire website. That article you posted is comedy, not factual. Easy mistake to make though. Just trying to give you the straight scoop.

And for the record I served under Mattis during the Iraq invasion in '03. He truly loves his Marines and is an amazingly well read and proficient commander. I think he'd make an excellent SecDef. Let's hope it happens.

Trump has selected General Mattis to be the Secretary of Defense.

Awesome, it shall be interesting to see what happens in the future...

Say goodbye to trying make female Marines grunts.

This is just outstanding!

I honestly can't think of anyone better to be SecDef. He's got everything - brains, guts, willpower, experience, integrity... Stand by for a real military again?

i think so.

Semper Fi!

Damn, this is great! A real Secretary of Defense, not a typical politician who hanever worn the uniform...A real military Veteran; a Marine!

SEMPER FI!

ORDO AD CHAO

This is good news, and i hope Trump will let him do his thing without too much micro-managing.

Wish I could walk the halls of the Pentagon tomorrow and see the looks on the troop's faces there. The morale in that building now must be overwhelming! To go from serving under a liberal progressive bean counter who only sees them as social experiments, to a combat-decorated war veteran who truly loves them with all his heart and has walked in their boots, is indescribable. Can't even imagine how the Marines there feel.

The Pentagon transition team got there on Monday. They've got to be jacked now too!

It's a awesome time for current Marines to be serving and it only makes me miss it all the more. We really haven't had a leader love the Marine Corps since Ronald Reagan and I am glad to see the younger generation know what true appreciation feels like. I was proud to serve under him as well and the word that always comes to mind when I think of him is honorable.

^^^ha-ha-ha! That is great!!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Bro, Gen Mattis was nevere CMC. Duffleblog is a satire website. That article you posted is comedy, not factual. Easy mistake to make though. Just trying to give you the straight scoop.
    Noted.

My bad for not fact-checking a link sent to me. I apologise for any offense. I am pleased beyond belief that General Mattis will be SecDef.

Thanks for setting the record straight. I appreciate it.

No worries man. Gen Mattis is a truly great leader and will do well for the nation as SECDEF.

And duffleblogs articles are hysterical most of the time. If youve got an hour to kill and wants some laughs, check their site out.

I see that Mattis enlisted in 69, but I can't find anything where he served in the Nam.

Thread Information