Coffee Talk - Page 43
Create Post
Page 43 of 180 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Talk

Yes it sure does, and thw very reason for that is I was an E5 in the Marines and made E6 in the National Guard...so if my friends look me up in my profile they will see E5...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh48 View Post
    Yes it sure does, and thw very reason for that is I was an E5 in the Marines and made E6 in the National Guard...so if my friends look me up in my profile they will see E5...Thanks
    Daveh -

I'd go with the USMC Sgt graphic for my avatar in that case, or make one with the USMC Sgt and the Army SSG chevrons, to show people your history.

How did you end up going from the Corps to the Guard? That could be an interesting story. Or it could be "just one of those things", but I'm always curious.

s/f

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My bro Alf went into the guard when he got out, he got to retain his rank and yes got promoted. Now this was in 1990, just saying it can happen. And I agree, it should be his Marine rank, not NG rank.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went into the Air Guard after six-years active and one-year reserves in the Corps. I got out of the Corps as a Sergeant. I retired from the Air Guard as a MSgt (E7). I use my Marine rank for my avatar here.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Chris------You, Sgt Leprechaun, and William Hardy aka Gunny Hardy are the only people I know who went into the Guard after the Corps, and all use their USMC ranks here.....I was a JAG/Legal Officer/Captain in the Air Force 12 years after the Corps, direct commission, and would not use the O-3 rank here as avatar or profile picture. Unless, as Andy said, I could make up a logo that included both USMC and USAF ranks.

Cloudy wind and raining all day with drizzle through out today High 77º and right now it's 70º tomorrow more of the same..

A cool 69 degrees ... opening the windows.

Wow, cooling off, only in the 80's today with a few clouds around. Enjoy !

It's warming up in the Pacific Northwest...near 90 today and could hit 100 by Friday. The business is heating up too, will make between 200 to 220 sausages tomorrow.

Marine Family Free Member Mistybluelady's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    hot as hell here, well by Canadian standards. Still on the job hunt, stupid hard at this age.. going back to bouncing on weekends oh what fun it will be dealing with drunks again and dumb ass people.

82º and on it's way to 87º with winds from the S.E. at 10 mph..
    Can't believe the temps for this time of the year..
    I'm loving it..

It got up to 90 but extremely hazy do to the wildfires in Canada.

Right now we have 72º up to 76º today with winds, from the north @ 17 mph..

Is this August ???

Mostly sunny and 86 today ... The humidity is returning though.

Afternoon ,it's 72º up to 86º winds from the south around 13 to 15 mph..
    T.G.I.F..

Thread Information