Company Pick Ups?
Create Post

Company Pick Ups?

Hello Marines. My name is Cameron James, and I am a Poolee enlisted May 18th, 2015. My ship date is June 13, 2016, to MCRD San Diego. I am signed under an 0600 Communications Contract.

How do the different companies pick up at Recruit Training? I always thought they simple went down the alphabet, with whatever company that just graduated picking up (for example, Alpha picks up, then Bravo, Charlie, etc).

However, now that I have had a couple buddies ship from our contact station, I see that that is not how it works. What is the organization of the companies picking up? Is there even a certain pattern they follow? All help will be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Every week a new company starts. You can look at what company you will be going to at boot by your ship date....make sure you know mcrd you are going to boot camp....

Kilo Co graduate sept.9 if all goes well.

So I will pick up into Kilo Company? I couldn't find any MCRD San Diego Graduation Dates past April of 2016

Found the date on Facebook for marine recruits

I would think your recruiter should be able to tell you when you get closer to shipping. Check with them.

Thank you both, I'll ask my recruiter in the next couple months. I just read the most recent thread about the different battalions, but all my buddies who have graduated say that's all just hype that one trains harder than the other, has more lenient DI's, etc, so I'm not too worried about what company I pick up into, more just curious.

How are you coming along with your knowledge (general orders, rank structure, etc)?

My son is a pollee also from Muncie leaves August 1

top...i was thinking the same thing ...who cares what company/battalion you re going to...does it really matter are you as a poolee learning the Marine Corps traditions ie,general orders and such

The OP seems pretty squared-away and has the right attitude. I'm sure he's on top of it.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    AH, the internet of things.....

Quote Originally Posted by CJames97 View Post
    So I will pick up into Kilo Company? I couldn't find any MCRD San Diego Graduation Dates past April of 2016
    Ask your recruiter he/she should be able to tell you as to which battalion you will be with and which company.

Thank you all for the help Marines.
    We stress knowledge a lot at our RSS, especially General Orders ad Rank Structure. I'd say I'm pretty squared away on it, but I always feel I can study more, there's a lot of knowledge to have memorized.

Yes. There is a lot (and you'll be tested on it at the depot). The more you can memorize now, the less time you'll have to devote to it then. Instead of studying knowledge during your free time, you can do something else constructive like work on uniforms, clean your weapon, write a letter home, etc (one less thing to worry about).

Thread Information