Reaper?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reaper??

Registered User Free Member cmbell's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I've been up the reaper in a 5 ton!, a hummer, and while humping with a pack.

Its nothing but a steep hill...............enjoy!

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I wouldn't know, I went to boot camp in Parris Island. Go to 29 palms and hump up, "Cardiac" or "Sugar Cookie" those ain't no joke. Has anyone ever heard of "Mt Sheep Sh*t" it's in Pendelton. My dad told me that that was another one that was popular back during the NAM era.

The reaper is for all of you Hollywood Marines who wore sun glasses and played in the surf. Try drilling, running in sand up to your ass; the reaper is child play in regards to the swamps of Parris Island, fighting gators, snakes and those damn sand flees. Then some of us had it easy. Did I hit another nerve? You poor Marines west of the big ditch really had it rough. "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" LOL Lets spend another weekend at the USO, Near Hollywood and Vine.

Sparrowhawk:
    Permission to post you remarks on another web site.

You're right Gunny. I felt totally dejected when they ran out of suntan lotion at the PX. I was the only boot without a Coppertone tan. And to make things worse, the valets didn't get my boots shined right for inspection, and I was almost held back. It made me feel like going on sick call. >ROFLMAO<

Seriously, we all fought and died pretty much the same way. We Hollywood Marines just did it on better C-Rats.

Cheers!

Semper Fi!
    namgrunt

namgrunt
    I know that. Just a little East Coast humor; my son went to SD and he was damn good Marine retired with 20 service, he put 4 in the Army and then got out for 2 years could have went back into the Army as Sgt. instead enlested in the Marines, went throgh Boot Camp just like everyone else. The Marines train their own.
    Do you still have your sun glasses?

Nope, I lost them chasing girls at Disneyland after I graduated from ITR. I know I'm glad we didn't have sandfleas. I recall the famous scene in "The DI", with Jack Webb, where the entire boot platoon had to search for a sand flea which Pvt. Owens had killed. Everyone was on their knees, crawling around in the dark. Two guys were digging a hole, while a third was filling it in right behind them. I take it this was typical PI DI humor.

A couple of boots decided to pull a fast one on the SDI, by killing a flea, then running to him with their prize. When TSgt Moore looked at the flea, he hollered for Pvt Owens to report. When Owens appeared, Sgt Moore asked him what sex the flea he had killed was. Owens told him it was a female flea. Sgt Moore took a long look, then said "Nope! Thats not the one. Go back and search some more." Then the scene ended. Sandfleas?? ....No thanks.

Semper Fi!
    Hollywood namgrunt

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs down Ignorant Wannabe Marines

Mr. Poolee lprkn aka "country boy",

I've grew up in the country and the city being a military brat and I live in the city now, and your comment stating "country boys" are "tougher" is quite commical! I knew how to skin a buck and survive some mean ghetto city streets way before the Marines. But your comment is way out of line!

You just keep on thinking that ignorant country thinking and when you go to Boot Camp you will meet some "city boys" who will make you want to cry for your momma's left titty! Think I'm joking? You'll see what I mean soon enough! I'd rather much have a "city boy" in my fighting hole with me then some redneck "country boy" who thinks he's John Rambo!

Not to mention the "city boy" probably has already seen some action in them ghetto city streets, so you know he's not going to be the one SH***ING on himself or in his trousers when the rounds start flying at him!

So would you like to retract your last ignorant comment? I know you will, you know why? City boy or country boy one thing YOU WILL LEARN in the Marines...we are all Marines! Doesn't matter the color of your skin, what you talk like, what you look like or where you are even from! That don't matter!

This is what matters....brotherhood and comraderie!

We are all Mean Green Killing Machines!

That's even considering you make it! I MADE IT! I am a United States Marine and I will always consider myself a "CITY BOY"!

Semper Fi, and Goodluck!

Parris Island Graduate/Marine for life and in death!

P.S. No mountain could ever compare to a swarm of Parris Island sand fleas hell bent on making you scratch when you know you shouldn't! I'm not even going to lie, I did scratch once or twice! Thing is I was so "slick" my DI's never caught me! Heh Heh!

snipowsky:

I was raised in a small town in Florida, now am I a city boy or country boy, am I a red neck, or city wise hoodlum? I guess being from the South that make me a RED NECK. Red necks tougher that city wise hoodlums? That depends on the individual. Want to go back to cry for your momma's left titty? The first days at Parris Island found a lot of young men wanting to go back to their moms, red necks and city boys. "Parris Island sand fleas hell bent on making you scratch when you know you shouldn't! I'm not even going to lie, I did scratch once or twice!" A red neck country boy would never have scratch. LOL
    Don't be hard on Mr. Poolee lprkn aka "country boy", he will find out soon enough.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up I'm a Redneck City Boy!

LOL Roger that Gunny! I couldn't resist the temptation with his lame comment! I'm from Indiana, so do you think I'm a Redneck? I'd say YES! I just wanted to convey to him that no matter how tough or "badass" you might think you are, there is always someone out there meaner, tougher and definitely more badass then you and I put together and his name is Chesty Puller! Just to set the record straight I DID NOT INTEND TO OR EVEN TRY TO DISRESPECT ANY MARINE, just the POOLEE! And yes he will find out very soon Gunny! Heh Heh! Just like we all have had to at one time or another!

:::GETS ON FACE AND DOES FIFTY FOR THE RETIRED GUNNY:::

Semper Fi Gunny!

P.S. You didn't scratch one time? You are the man then, those sand fleas loved my blood! Must be the southern and northern mixture they loved so much!

Woah there

Hey, I was just kidding around. Basically what I was saying was that people who have had more experience hiking/humping around will most likely do a little better than those who have never walked further than to the nearest bus stop, though are probably always notable exceptions (And I'm sure LCpl Snipowsky was one of those).

However, I feel that I can make fun of both sides of the fence, as I have lived in both types of areas. I'm from Idaho, but did live in the South Bay Area (California) for my high school years.

My comment wasn't intended to offend anybody, and was just good-natured ribbing, and I hope it was taken as such.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc4669
    The reaper is for all of you Hollywood Marines who wore sun glasses and played in the surf. Try drilling, running in sand up to your ass; the reaper is child play in regards to the swamps of Parris Island, fighting gators, snakes and those damn sand flees. Then some of us had it easy. Did I hit another nerve? You poor Marines west of the big ditch really had it rough. "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" LOL Lets spend another weekend at the USO, Near Hollywood and Vine.

Sparrowhawk:
    Permission to post you remarks on another web site.
    Bull****,the last time a Marine was in the swamps of P.I. was in '56, drop the "Fightin the Gators and Snakes" crap and stop smackin' them poor little sand flea's, and don't worry we won't tell anyone you boys east of the big ditch play in a sand box and have never been more then 12 feet above sea level in your life. LOOK OUT!!!! HERE COMES A SAND FLEA!!!!!!

The most important thing you Young Gentlemen can learn in Boot is the mental aspect that you are "Bullet Proof". You will often experience pain and or discomfort, it is how you react to it. You need to learn to embrase and absorb it. As I have written in other posts you will need to learn it is only a thing and it too will come to pass. this mental conditioning is paramount in spec training ie MWT, JEST, E&E and POW training all use these techniques in their training. And this too shall pass. Good luck to you and your Marine Corps future. Semper Fi

My dad said that ALL the Parris Island Marines couldn't hump at all compared to the so called "Hollywood Marines"

Please do not fall into the Habu. Your metal shall be tested soon enough. Just work on getting one boot in front of the other. As to humping... until you have done the Fugi run do not judge.

I apologize and you are totally right

Thread Information