Which OCS Program is right for me? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Alright sir, will be getting in contact with an OSO on Monday as i will have his contact information, thanks again,if anyone else has anything else they would like to add, please leave it here. i'll keep you guys posted on everything. Thanks guys

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Nothing to add except---good luck! keep us posted on this same thread....

Congratulations Lieutenant. You are now the wild pigeon of the flock. Seriously, not an Airdale but hung around a buncha while in the Corps and spinning props on P51s in civilian life. Just wanted to thank you for the well written piece about flight training at Pensacola. I've read it several times on this site and whenever it appears, take the liberty to peruse it again. I sense your enthusiasm at each reading. Thank you.

Semper fi,

Ladies and gentlemen, good afternoon. Just to give you a quick update on how things are going. I spoke with a recruiter who knows me very well and he referred me to an Officer Selection Office where i'll begin my paperwork and will be meeting with a staff sergeant who is an Officer Selection Assistant to see if i qualify for the PLC split program this Thursday at the Officer Selection Office. I should have no trouble with qualifying as I most certainly pass everything he's going to ask about. Looking forward to his meeting. I'm super excited to begin this path. I'll continue to keep you guys posted. If you have any questions for me, just let me know in this thread

Thanks guys and have a great day

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good news! Good luck and keep us posted on this same thread.

will do sir, thank you

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, i met with the Officer Selection Assistant today. Everything went well, i was found qualified and now starts the long journey of paperwork and tests. I'm super excited for this journey, i can't believe it's starting now, but it is. Currently, they want me to continue to work on my physical fitness as i'm getting closer to maxing out some parts of the PFT. Overall all is well, will keep y'all posted. Thanks.

Congrats DavidB - sorry for not responding sooner, but with regards to whether to do the split 6 week program or the 10 week program, my thought is that it really comes down to timing. Your OSO can guide you toward which program best fits your situation - but there is benefit to getting in the program sooner rather than later, so my recommendation would be shoot for whichever program will get you there in the first session this coming summer. Sounds like your grades are good, so focus in on your PT. OCS is, more than anything, a physical test. They run you ragged and see how you react when you are tired, stressed, and faced with difficult (if not impossible) situations (oh, and stupid situations too) -- it's all a test to see how you react, if you can stay calm or if you lose your $hit. Being in great shape helps a lot. Good luck!

Mike thanks for the response, regardless of the time frame, it is extremely appreciated. Currently the plan is on attending the PLC Program and will be attending OCS this summer if everything goes well in the process(which it should). Thank you for the advice on how OCS is physically. I understand that this is going to be not only an extreme test of my physicality, but also a very big mental test. So far my PT training is going well. After the long research on it and finally figuring out how i can do it, I recently have begun the famous Armstrong Program to get myself to 20 pull ups. Currently i sit at 14-15, so according to the program, as long as i stick to the program consistently, i should be able to reach 20 pull ups in approximately 4 weeks, i'm also continuing to condition my body in many other physical workouts, such as cardio and strength training. As far as the processing for OCS is going, everything is going well overall. I haven't really heard that much from my OSO, so that means everything should be going smoothly. The only thing i'm having trouble with is trying to find a bar to do pull ups on everyday lol, but I've improvised and found a play ground with monkey bars on them, so it'll do. I will continue to keep you ladies and gentlemen updated. I'm thankful that this process is going by so smoothly. Thank you all for your comments. Please post on here any questions you have for me. I will answer them as soon as possible.

Take care, and have a great day

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck, and as I said before, and you did in fact do it, keep us posted as time goes on, please. You should do very well, with your preparation and attitude, which is everything.

Hello everyone, long time no see. Its great to be back and boy do i have fantastic news. I have received the date for when i leave to OCS. The date is May 22nd. That is when the PLC Jr/sr will report to Quantico for Pick up day. This is such an exciting time for me because i honestly cannot wait for this experience. We are currently still finishing up some paperwork and i'm still working on acing my PFTs with physical conditioning. I am also currently reviewing some basic Marine corps knowledge, especially the General orders. Overall school is still going well and first semester is about to end off with great grades. Still studying for finals since they're right around the corner, but after that, Christmas break is here and a lot of running will be happening. will continue to keep you guys posted.

Thanks for listening, and have a great rest of your day.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great Thread !!! Thank you everyone for responding. What a great community we have here.

Congrats Sir !!!

Thanks Rocky! It really is a great community and i'm glad to have to so many mentors and advisers on my path to becoming a Marine Officer. It's truly what makes this website a great resource of information. Thanks for dropping into my thread btw

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I wouldn't worry about General Orders too much, I'd start studying...

-ORM
    -BAMCIS
    -SMEAC
    -SALUTE

This stuff is gonna be key to learning how to write FragO's and OpOrders, which is gonna be about 95% of your time as an officer.

Hey thanks a lot Joe, i'll definitely take a look at those through the coming days. Thanks again.

Thread Information