Car payment while in boot camp
Create Post

Car payment while in boot camp

I'm attempting to enlist active duty Marines asap. I've been told different things concerning my car payment.

The car is in my name and I pay for it but it's in all actuality my sisters car. She can't have a car in her name due to some legal issues with an ex. So I got her this car, she's a single mom though and can't afford the payments. I pay it for her so she can take care of her kids.

I'm attempting to save up and pay a few payments in advance but it's hard to do with the crappy job I currently have.

I've been told by some that I'll be able to make payments while gone. Currently they come directly out of my account.

Question 1, week I have to get a new bank account or can I have my marine pay direct deposited into my existing account?

Question 2, if I have to get a new account can I have an automatic transfer of funds to the old account to cinder the payment?

Question 3, I've also been told I went hey any pay in boot camp that my money will be "frozen" until I graduate, is this true?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Not gonna like what I'm about to say but....

You and her need to part ways, find a way to get that car note out of your name and into hers...or sell it...or something....

She needs to get her act together and you need to move on with your life/career

I understand and respect your generosity but it has to end sometime

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Not gonna like what I'm about to say but....

You and her need to part ways, find a way to get that car note out of your name and into hers...or sell it...or something....

She needs to get her act together and you need to move on with your life/career

I understand and respect your generosity but it has to end sometime
    She legally can not have the car in her name. Or else it would be. She's doing ask she can as a single mom, attempting to get vocational training but only has family to help. She wanted to join the service herself but can't because of health issues. She works, pays her own rent, the car insurance lights etc. Due to how her ex screwed her over she can't have a car, and can't receive any government assistance. In this day and age it's hard for anyone to raise a kid let alone a single mom of two boys.

In the past she actually gave me a car and place to live when I was on the streets. Now that the tables have changed I don't wish to abandon her, I wish to repay my debts.

talk to your Recruiter, When I was in boot camp I had a portion of my pay go to my Mom and Dad to pay for my car and keep the insurance up, you should be able to have a portion of your pay go to your bank account for this, or if you have to have a new account all you need is to send the new account information to the finance company to have the money come out of your new account, ether way the Recruiter can help you get the wheels in motion or even help set it up in you paper work..

Best of Luck to you..
    Keep us posted as to how things go.

It's not realistic to expect a brother to part ways and move on from his sister. That is not showing any loyalty to one's family at all and not a quality we want in our Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    It's not realistic to expect a brother to part ways and move on from his sister. That is not showing any loyalty to one's family at all and not a quality we want in our Marines.
    exactly Top.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I'll respectfully disagree(not on the quality we want in our Marines part)

Thank you Master Sergeant, even though I'm not a Marine yet I wish to honor the values and start following the correct path now.

On a side note, I am a female. My sister and brother are all I really have left in this world family wise. The three of us support each other as much as possible. My brother is currently looking to see if he can assist with this issue whIle I am gone

Re your sister being prevented from owning a vehicle by ex, what's reason? Short of a court order or civil action, confused by this restraint.

For what it's worth, here's my thoughts in this matter. Issues like this(car payment) should be settled before a person enlists. In my opinion, it is not the Marine Corps responsibility to help facilitate payments for one's obligations that were incurred before enlisting and sent to boot camp. If the obligations were incurred after enlisting in the Corps and completing boot camp, there are avenues in place to facilitate the payments.

The bottom line to me, is that this is a personal problem, not a Marine Corps problem, and the Marine Corps shouldn't be put in this position.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    For what it's worth, here's my thoughts in this matter. Issues like this(car payment) should be settled before a person enlists. In my opinion, it is not the Marine Corps responsibility to help facilitate payments for one's obligations that were incurred before enlisting and sent to boot camp. If the obligations were incurred after enlisting in the Corps and completing boot camp, there are avenues in place to facilitate the payments.

The bottom line to me, is that this is a personal problem, not a Marine Corps problem, and the Marine Corps shouldn't be put in this position.
    this!!.....put it in much better words than I could

Thread Information