Two major offenses waiver
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Two major offenses waiver

I signed my contract to enlist last November, I had to have a waiver for a paraphnaila charge from 2005, it was granted. I mucked up and got a dui in March, went out for my birthday and got arrested. I was told today that I would not be allowed to apply for a second waiver. I executed my sentence paid my fine, my cases is completely closed. They dropped me from dep, and said as of now I can't do anything.
    is there any chance I will be able to go, they told me to try back around Xmas. Any one have any info?

Similar Threads:

Only that, it's their rules and, they do not need your services (there is a drawdown going on you know). There are more than enough applicants out there with none of your baggage - if I were your recruiter, I wouldn't waste my time. Don't know how many chances you feel you're entitled to.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I read that I have to wait a year before I could even try for a waiver, any knowledge on that?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    That sounds right but I highly doubt you'll even get that...and like I have said on here before, I am not sure I want someone like you in my Corps. You went out and made a decision that got you into trouble while you were in the process of becoming a Marine....you should have known better. We all make mistakes but making a mistake like that during that timeframe...again, you should have known better.

Well....again, I'm amazed at some of these posts.

TTop and josephd echo my sentiments.
    I can only hope you both noticed how I used a stellar amount of restraint by not chiming in immediately when I saw this post some hours ago.

To the OP...
    A mistake is forgetting to put air in one's spare tire, spilling a great cup of mud on your new Levi's or forgetting your wife's birthday.
    Your behavior was willful bad judgement and as stated you "should have known better"....the result is just and IMO you're not a good candidate for the USMC I relate to.
    Hopefully, you've learned something from it all.

Sorry...that's my take on it.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Correct, Wayne---

and also, look at it this way. 200 applicants are lined up to apply for a job, say 20 openings. 100 have criminal records, 100 have spotless backgrounds.

Most employers would immediately put the 100 with records applications in a separate pile, never to be looked at again.

Why would they take any of those 100, when there are ANOTHER 100 with clean records? That's basic human nature.

Even the OP would disregard the pile of 100 applications from folks who've been in trouble.

Eh, we have all done dumb sh!t. Willfully dumb sh!t at times. I know I certainly have before, during, and after my time in the Corps. I know for damn sure that I would rather have some tatted up, knuckle dragging, hell raising guy who has seen and done a bunch of sh!t in his life watching my back than some squeaky clean college boy who hasn't lived life at all.

I see a lot of people here complaining that the Corps is changing for the worse. Wasn't it Chesty who said "take me to the brig, I wanna see the real Marines"? We complain about society and thus potential Marines becoming "soft", but then we require that potential Marines be squeaky clean momma's boys? I'd rather be riding in a truck with a guy who has partied, lived life, and can handle setbacks and conflicts on his own, than be sitting beside a guy who has lead a charmed life, born with a silver spoon, and knows nothing of having to work through sh!t on his own.

Maybe be that makes me a sh!tbag, but most of the best Marines I Knew in the field were "sh!tbags" in garrison by USMC standards.

But I totally agree that if you are competing for a position, you have to focus on making yourself as marketable as possible. I just don't like the fact that good candidates get passed over because of dumb ****.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    A mistake is
    forgetting your wife's birthday.
    I betcha she won't think it's a mistake!

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    I doubt if you'll find an employer who will say, hey, gimme that dude who stole a car, I like his style, that MF, fk all the rest who aint been in no jail. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    I betcha she won't think it's a mistake!
    Good point Bloop....I should have thought about that example a bit more thoroughly.

silveradomick.....
    IMO....your points in post #7 do not apply to the OP and the situation he put himself in.
    He hasn't been on the planet long enough to prove himself either way.
    In this context he'd already received one waiver which was his second chance to prove himself.
    Then...Dave's response in post #6 says the rest.

I just see it much differently.
    Again, within this context.

A good day to all...carry on.

One thing to make a "mistake" (like the OP). It's another thing to continue making them (like the OP again). That, is a pattern of poor judgement (one of our 14 leadership traits). More times than not, that same pattern develops into problem children - and nobody needs problem children. I'd much rather devote my time and focus on the Marines making the right decisions (which is 90% of them).

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    But according to some, those brig rats make good troops too!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Eh, we have all done dumb sh!t. Willfully dumb sh!t at times. I know I certainly have before, during, and after my time in the Corps. I know for damn sure that I would rather have some tatted up, knuckle dragging, hell raising guy who has seen and done a bunch of sh!t in his life watching my back than some squeaky clean college boy who hasn't lived life at all.

I see a lot of people here complaining that the Corps is changing for the worse. Wasn't it Chesty who said "take me to the brig, I wanna see the real Marines"? We complain about society and thus potential Marines becoming "soft", but then we require that potential Marines be squeaky clean momma's boys? I'd rather be riding in a truck with a guy who has partied, lived life, and can handle setbacks and conflicts on his own, than be sitting beside a guy who has lead a charmed life, born with a silver spoon, and knows nothing of having to work through sh!t on his own.

Maybe be that makes me a sh!tbag, but most of the best Marines I Knew in the field were "sh!tbags" in garrison by USMC standards.
    I don't disagree at all but the problem is the Corps/recruiters don't wanna deal with the extra paperwork/drama of dealing with waivers.....OP and other wannabes/poolees should know better than to put themselves in situations that may hinder their ability to join the Corps/ship out to boot

Chesty wouldn't touch todays Corps with a 10' pole. Can't fight and more concerned about combat roles for women, religious, and sexual orientation freedoms anyway. He would have no need for it.

Thread Information