ANGLICO and training
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

ANGLICO and training

Hello everybody. I will be signing up to join the Marine Corps in the coming months so that i can start recruit training after I finish the spring semester. I will be joining the reserves and the nearest unit to me is the AAV unit in Tampa. My recruiter seems to be pushing me to pick Field radio operator as my MOS which I am certainly not opposed too. I however liked the idea of joining the ANGLICO unit in West Palm Beach but my recruiter told me that would take some doing to get that approved because that is not the unit that he recruits for.

My questions are as follows:
    1. Is it likely that I would be able to get into the ANGLICO unit as a forward observer or as a field radio operator if there is a spot open when I sign up since its about 4 hours from where I live?

2. What is the training pipeline for the ANGLICO unit in West Palm Beach and how long would it last? Since it is a reserve unit, do they go to different training than active? I assume it wouldn't be different.

I will be joining whether or not i get into ANGLICO but that would be my first choice. If not, I will most likely stick with field radio operator at the AAV unit. Thank you in advance. I appreciate the help.