Questions about ITB?
Create Post

Questions about ITB?

Good evening, I'm currently a poolee in Florence, SC. I ship to Parris Island on July 13 as an open 03. And I just had some questions about ITB, I've talked to quite a few Marines and I've gotten plenty of different answers so I figured I'd try here.

My first question is just simply about MOSs, I'd like to be an 0311, but I've heard that because of my ASVAB scores I'll likely be voluntold to be a different Infantry specialty if they don't reach their quotas. I got a 69, my GT score was a 135~ and my CO was 125~ but my CL score was really low. So really I'm just wondering what my chances of getting 0311 are and if there's anything I can do to make it more likely that I get 0311.

Another question I have, which chronologically should have gone in front of the first question, sorry about the chaos in advance, what is the process like when you pick your MOS specialty at Camp Geiger ITB?

Also, should I get an MOS I don't want is there anything I can really do about it? Someone told me if you really want be an 0311 you could just fail the test for the specialty you where given, that seems a little unorthodox though. Is it hard nowadays to switch MOSs when you reenlist because of the downsizing?

My last question is based on something I've heard about MOS specialty selection. I've heard that they will have sign up sheets for each specialty, and if they don't reach their quotas the instructors will go to the Marines with the highest ASVAB scores and attempt to recruit them, and if they still don't reach their quotas they volluntell the highest scorers. So, my question is, if this happens and it looks like I'm going to be forced into a specialty, what specialties usually have spaces left open from past experience (if its actually like that), as a follow up question to that, what other Infantry specialties perform closely with 0311s in the field.

One last small question, on Parris Island do they say "Aye Sir" or "Aye, Aye Sir"? Odd question but just plainly out of interest as I've heard it said both ways.

Thank you in advance and thank you to all who have served.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I can't answer the infantry MOS questions really but as far as the "Aye Sir" vs. "Aye aye Sir" thing goes......You will say what your drill instructors want you to say

Quote Originally Posted by Hill617 View Post
    Good evening, I'm currently a poolee in Florence, SC. I ship to Parris Island on July 13 as an open 03. And I just had some questions about ITB, I've talked to quite a few Marines and I've gotten plenty of different answers so I figured I'd try here.

My first question is just simply about MOSs, I'd like to be an 0311, but I've heard that because of my ASVAB scores I'll likely be voluntold to be a different Infantry specialty if they don't reach their quotas. I got a 69, my GT score was a 135~ and my CO was 125~ but my CL score was really low. So really I'm just wondering what my chances of getting 0311 are and if there's anything I can do to make it more likely that I get 0311.

Another question I have, which chronologically should have gone in front of the first question, sorry about the chaos in advance, what is the process like when you pick your MOS specialty at Camp Geiger ITB?

Also, should I get an MOS I don't want is there anything I can really do about it? Someone told me if you really want be an 0311 you could just fail the test for the specialty you where given, that seems a little unorthodox though. Is it hard nowadays to switch MOSs when you reenlist because of the downsizing?

My last question is based on something I've heard about MOS specialty selection. I've heard that they will have sign up sheets for each specialty, and if they don't reach their quotas the instructors will go to the Marines with the highest ASVAB scores and attempt to recruit them, and if they still don't reach their quotas they volluntell the highest scorers. So, my question is, if this happens and it looks like I'm going to be forced into a specialty, what specialties usually have spaces left open from past experience (if its actually like that), as a follow up question to that, what other Infantry specialties perform closely with 0311s in the field.

One last small question, on Parris Island do they say "Aye Sir" or "Aye, Aye Sir"? Odd question but just plainly out of interest as I've heard it said both ways.

Thank you in advance and thank you to all who have served.
    The last Poolee I put into infantry said the statement I bolded is accurate. As far as, aye sir/aye, aye sir, no matter what you say you'll most likely be wrong because well.... Recruits are ALWAYS wrong.

Don't know if it means anything for you. But, my niece graduated last February, and they said "Aye ma'am".

Thread Information