0312 RAC Crewman?
Create Post

0312 RAC Crewman?

Good afternoon Marines, I'm only a sophomore but I'm counting down the days to high school graduation. I am really interested in enlisting in the USMC, a few of my friends who were in NJROTC with me who graduated last year enlisted. And I always hear that the Marine Corps only lets you choose a field (ex; 03XX) but my friends got to choose their exact MOS, one got Recon and the other got Field Artillery Cannoneer. I am really interested in being an 0312, but I heard online that they were decommissioned? I'm not too sure. Any information about enlisting will be appreciated, and if there is anything I'm incorrect about or if I said something you didn't like please feel free to correct me.
    Just for information about me;
    ASVAB score- 85
    PT Scores-
    Crunches 89 in 2 minutes
    11 pull ups
    13 minute two mile
    Thanks
    -Alastair

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I can't speak of whether or not this MOS has been "decommisisoned" or not. That is neither here nor there anyway as far as you should be concerned as you wouldn't be able to choose it or enlist into it away.

As far as your friends go, you're one buddy that is an 0321 Recon Marine got one of the few MOSs that you are able to enlist directly into. The artillery(not an infantry MOS BTW) guy either must be a reservist or he is blowing smoke up your a$$ by telling you he enlisted into that specific MOS.

There is only a select few MOS that you can enlist directly into, 0321 recon man being one of them. Other than that you'll have to pick a field(03xx, 18xx, 13xx, etc) and then your specific job will get chosen for you based on the needs of the Corps at that time.

Thread Information