What is your MOS ,was your MOS or what are you planning to do as an MOS - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well DAVIDB1220 - I hope you make it into the Corps. When your ready. A combat pilot is something to e proud of. 1 of my other brothers (had 4 but only 2 left now) washed out of helicopter pilot school for the Army another was ground support in the USAF another never joined the service & my other brother: PFC Lind, Ralph R was an 0800 wit 2/11 was KIA 18 Apr 1966, near NAM-O bridge north of Da Nang when his unit was over run. I think h had been moved from 81's to 105's but I'm not certain. Anyways Jr was the main reason I joined in 68

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Thanxit was a bad deal for my parents and family back then but our experiences make us what we are.

Wow TP sorry for your loss, that's tough. I am doing the best i can to become a pilot in the Marines and i feel like it something to be extremely proud of. It can open up new opportunities like Special Operations or something great the Corps has to offer.

I feel that no matter what you did in the military or in the Marines you should feel proud to be part of the small 1% of the population who stand for honor and fight for freedom. If you're a marine, i don't think anything tops being a Marine.

There's no greater title than United States Marine, no matter what you did in the corps whether it was Force RECON or a cook.

Ran into a guy at my gym yesterday who said he was a pilot in the 2nd Marine Air Wing and then decided to go ground and become an 0326 Recon Parachutist and Diver qualified. He has tattoos of Recon everywhere. The names of brothers he lost on a paddle are on his back, and he says he's going to submit a package to MARSOC. I really hope this guy isn't lying as i can't stand posers. I'm surprised a pilot would go into ground and be a Recon man. Anyone ever heard of this happen?

well if he is a poser with all of those tattoos then he is a very dedicated poser. and yes that can happen. my uncle was artillery and lat moved to infantry then went recon. plus for marsoc it doesn't matter your mos.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDB1220 View Post
    Ran into a guy at my gym yesterday who said he was a pilot in the 2nd Marine Air Wing and then decided to go ground and become an 0326 Recon Parachutist and Diver qualified. He has tattoos of Recon everywhere. The names of brothers he lost on a paddle are on his back, and he says he's going to submit a package to MARSOC. I really hope this guy isn't lying as i can't stand posers. I'm surprised a pilot would go into ground and be a Recon man. Anyone ever heard of this happen?
    sounds a bit fishy to me... So he was an officer and then declined/retired his commission to become an 0326?...that is an enlisted MOS, all infantry officers hold an 0302 MOS no matter what type of unit they're commanding(rifle platoon, heavy weapons, recon, etc..)

If he has all these tattoos I have a VERY hard time believing he was/is an officer also

MARSOC could be correct, MOS does not matter for that. I'm putting in a MARSOC package...

Hey Josephd good luck on that MARSOC package, i might do it after sometime flying, but i'm going to let the cards fall where they fall( with some control of course)

I ran into him again today. Turns out the guy was actually a 0326, who WAS going to go pilot but went over the age limit for flight school(had just turned 29 at the time). He did commission and went on to continue his career as an officer...I heard wrong. He was medically discharged but he's still pulling his fitness together. He showed a picture of him with a RECON unit in Afghanistan, and a picture of his last birthday ball on his phone, and i identified the Jump wings and Combatant diver insignia on his breast above his medals. The guy is now getting privately instructed and is on his way to earning his instrument rating on a piper aircraft.( better than me, a student with 4 hours on a cessna 152)

Hey Josephd good luck on that MARSOC package, i might do it after sometime flying, but i'm going to let the cards fall where they fall( with some control of course)

I ran into him again today. Turns out the guy was actually a 0326, who WAS going to go pilot but went over the age limit for flight school(had just turned 29 at the time). He did commission...I heard wrong. He received an honorable discharged but he's still pulling his fitness together. He showed a picture of him with a RECON unit in Afghanistan, and a picture of his last birthday ball on his phone, and i identified the Jump wings and Combatant diver insignia above his medals. The guy is now getting privately instructed and is on his way to earning his instrument rating on a piper aircraft.( better than me, a student with 4 hours on a cessna 152)

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    So I am still confused?...

You say he "did commission" but he is/was an 0326 and is all tatted up?.... the story still doesn't add up

yeah he was a mustang officer, he went in enlisted first did 03 infantry and then went Recon, finished as a sergeant and then commissioned forgot to add that note

Attention everyone!!!!!!

First off thank you to everyone who has contributed to this survey, you've helped so much not only in my class and research,but others who are looking to find new ways of the Marine Corps.

I'd like to say that the last day for the survey will be the 16th of December and if you would like for me to take down your MOS and your service years for the survey, please let me know by the 16th at midnight.

Please don't think that just because the survey is over, you cannot continue to share these details with others on here as many are still doing research and you may help someone make their mark in the Corps/

Once again thank you to all who contributed and to all who served. I'll still continue to be on this thread and on this forum...thanks and have a great day!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yeah he was a mustang officer, he went in enlisted first did 03 infantry and then went Recon, finished as a sergeant and then commissioned forgot to add that note
    He commissioned with all the tattoos you referred to??

where were these tattoos?......Again, I still find this kinda fishy. If these tattoos were visible on his arms or legs I call bull$hit

Scapula area, his shirt was all cut up so you could see the names clearly

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Scapula area, his shirt was all cut up so you could see the names clearly
    ok that makes more sense then, officers aren't authorized to have tattoos visible while in PT gear/chucks.....so nothing on the arms and nothing on the legs

Thread Information