Asvab test-->Arithmetic Reasoning (word problems) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm on the floor laughing!!! Go to BnN and pick up a middle grade workbook for solving math word problems. In the meantime word problems can be solved easier if you can ID the operands: Add, Subtract, Divide, Multiply. Locate and highlight these keywords. Draw or diagram the word problem. Here's nice website that will help ID the keywords:

www.purplemath.com/modules/transl...

Good Luck! I feel for you.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    If you want to talk electrical circuits, main potatoes is Ohms Law P=EIR. Power (which is measured in Watts) Equals Electomotive Force (Voltage) times Inductive Current (Measured in Amps) times Resistence which is measured in Ohms.
    Resistence in a series circuit is R1+R2+R3=R4
    Resistence in a parallel ciruit is 1 divided by 1 over the above. So 1 over 1 over R1+1 over R2+1 over R3 or something like this.

Had it mixed up. It's P=EIR not P=IER. Like I say, been a while.
    Damn...is that the best you can do? I haven't read anything that simple since reading Dick and Jane in the hay barn, in first grade!

I just remembered. GO TO ALEKS website. Aleks dot com. You can build up your math skills big time there. There is a fee, not much, maybe like 20 bucks a month. Just go to that web site, for buidling math skills. I was doing College Algebra, but that was kickin my ass real bad. I figured way too much effort to try to pound out 3 credits. I was some 21 credits shy of a 4 year degree with TESC, but dam if they weren't the heavy crap like Chemistry, Physics, Algebra out the ying yang, and just nasty courses. When considering the cost to get this 4 year degree and especially the TIME INVOLVED in trying to obtain it, I just didn't feel it was worth my while in my time and age. I tried ALEKS and was spending way too much time in it, not really getting it. They use a pie chart and you have to improve on it, shows your weakness and all that. For what you are looking for, I'd chck into it. Lots of word problem stuff in there.

Thread Information