PDQ for cuts?
Create Post

Thread: PDQ for cuts?

PDQ for cuts?

Ok so i have self inflicted scars on my shoulder that i did when i was about 11. I'm 19 now, and yes i know self mutilation is PDQ in most cases. But i didnt do this out of depression or anything close to that. My best friends parents got divorced and a whole bunch of **** happened and it devastated him so he cut himself thinking it would help. A couple days after he did it a bunch of people found out about him cutting and soon it was going around the whole school that he cut and everyone was making fun of him and he was just miserable. So me being young and stupid not really thinking of other solutions i cut myself and told him so he wouldnt feel so alone. Believe it or not that changed his life, he probably wouldnt be the same person he was today if i wouldnt have done that and made him not feel so bad about it, cause now he knew he wasnt the only one that had cut himself. Ive talked to a recruiter and he talked to higher up and he returned to me saying he needed my mom and i both to write letters about the incident saying what happened and that none of it was due to being sad or depressed. So we did. The recruiter went about getting a waiver for it(i went to MEPS a couple months ago and got TDQ for the scars and for weight) but i have to go back to MEPS and get my weight cleared before the waiver can go any further. I guess what i'm asking is what is the chance of the waiver getting passed due to what the circumstances of the cuts were from? Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

There is always a chance that it will get approved.

I am surprised your recruiter didnt ask for a letter from the doctor saying you are mentally stable and youve never been on anti-depressants dont be surprised if that is something that your recruiter comes back asking for.

Behavioral Misjudgement

As pointed out in many other posts in this forum, with the current climate of military draw down, your chances of obtaining a waiver -- and this is my personal opinion, are going to be immense. A physical waiver maybe, but for behavioral issues...well, that's another world unto itself. For sure the Marine Corps is not going to allow anyone in the service if he/she has to be medically managed for behavioral. And I don't think pleading an error in "youthful judgement" is going to get you pass Boardwalk.

Last edited by fl1946; 08-02-14 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Grammar

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Exactly, Frank---one of the problems here is because there ARE such things as waivers, although people know they are generally not easy to get, they nevertheless figure THEY have a chance to get one.

And of course if everyone was approved for one, waivers would soon cease to have meaning, and the same for enlistment standards generally.

There is a widespread hope that personal motivation to join can and will overcome all things.

Quite a few questions here have that unspoken, and sometimes spoken, premise.

Obviously, if downsizing and selectivity were not major issues, the doors leading to enlistment would be open a lot wider than they are now.

Don't know about you, Dave, I sometimes feel like a masochist responding to waiver posts when it is so obvious. Duuhhhh! You are 1000% right. I wonder if the armed forces administer psych-socials, i.e., MMPI's. Too many incidents involving armed confrontations.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    I was just reading the post and it just occured to me that it is a copy and paste of another thread I read here before along with the same font. HMMMM...

Not sure if this has been posted here before, the font looks very similar to the one about the kid setting stuff on fire.

i did google the first part of the sentence and looks like the OP has got some good answers elsewhere too.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1230643AAQTqAt

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Nice job !!! I knew I saw it somewhere before and your right about the fire thread also.

Thread Information