Looking for some advice on the typical recruiting process.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Looking for some advice on the typical recruiting process.

What's up Devil Dogs. I figured the best place for some intel is going to be here. Just a few questions and I'll be on my way.

Does anyone know currently if the Marine Corps is accepting Prior Service with the new fiscal year?

What to expect as a boot with a deployment from another service under the belt?

Recommendation on a path to possibly going to MARSOC.

Just to double tap on a few things about my previous service.
    Former 11B from the Army with an RE code of 1.
    Deployed to Iraq from 07-08.
    Full knowing I lose my rank, but heard that prior service typical gain it back faster if you aren't a dirt bag.

Thing is, I don't want to go back to the Army. I've had some brothers that were Marines, loved it and recommend me going if I can. I've been out for roughly over 4 years (not really any damage to the waist line since I work in the Private security field.). I don't feel that my service to my country is even near being done and I really would prefer the Marines. I know stupid crap is everywhere, but I just feel that Marines as a whole have a better status for fitness and are looked upon differently.

Just to keep this short, any advice or help would be great. Requested info from the Marine Corps, but I don't want to waste a recruiters time if they aren't taking prior service.

Thanks in advance gents.( Marines )

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 01-08-14 at 09:04 AM. Reason: There are male and female Marines on this forum ...

Assuming you are under 28 years old, and no medical issues you should be able to. Who can write prior service contracts vary by location. We have tried but it was a pain in the ass. Best thing to do is call your local recruiter. When you call just ask up front.

Credits
    Savings
    I was told I stand a pretty good chance because of prior combat experience. Forgot to write down the number for the office in Carrollton, TX. So, I need to get that again. As far as medical, I'm good to go and I'm 27. I know that me 4 years of active duty will be subtracted from my age.

Also, apologies for the gents part. Thanks for the info.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here you go...
    US Marine Corps Recruiting

2810 E Trinity Mills Rd Ste 131a, Carrollton Texas · (972) 478-5891

Credits
    Savings
    Good looking out Rocky. Appreciate it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's what I do. Your welcome and good luck.

If you want the straight scoop, ( Huklebuk ) who posted here for you is an Active Duty Marine Corps Recruiter and can tap resources like PSR's.

Credits
    Savings
    Roger, PM sent to Huklebuk.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding !!!

Just as a general FYI, prior combat experience or deployments has no bearing on enlisting. Also, the age subtraction only applies to prior service Marines, not other branches trying to enlist in the Marine Corps. The reason is you still have to go to boot camp. Not so for Marines going into other branches, but anyone from another branch trying to enlist in the Corps the prior service rule doesnt count. You still get credit as far as retirement goes though.

Thread Information