Height restrictions for different MOS?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Height restrictions for different MOS?

Although I'm still just a wannabe, I've been thinking of what MOS I would want to pursue. I was discussing this with a friend of mine who is currently at boot camp, and he said that some MOSes have height requirements. This worried me a bit, because I'm a little vertically challenged. I'm currently 5' 2", expected to be at most 5' 3.5." Are there any MOSes anyone knows of that I WON't be able to do?
    -Thank you
    Wannabe Apley

Similar Threads:

The Marine Corps as a whole has a minimum and maximum height. The only MOS I know that has a height requirement is 0327 Critical Skills Operator (fancy word for spec ops). There might be more height restricted jobs if your attached to a wing squadron. I know that a lot of BMOSs have restrictions.

This is why God created recruiters...ask one (or do a GOOGLE search).

Once you find out something, be sure to come back and update your post for future reference. It will show up as a "similar thread" like the ones below your question and may help another wannabe in the future. Good luck.

BTW...expect to be called "short round" in bootcamp (along with many other names).

Credits
    Savings
    SO Many good "Punch-lines" we could throw in here..

Just worry about earning the title of "Marine"

research,, IT's Something YOU can handle...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your best bet is to speak with a Recruiter but in the meantime the only one I know of is a Marine Aviator.

Best of luck to you.

Motor transport Operators- since you drive 7 tons in addition to humvees you must be at least 5'5". Just to drive a humvee, there is no height, just for the 7 tons. You may get a waiver if they are desperate of MT operators though.

Pilots and some air crew MOS's have height limits. I know for sure you're too short to be a pilot.

Thread Information