Happy Mother's Day
Create Post

Happy Mother's Day

I like to post this every Mother's day for M.O.M. (Mother Of Marine)

As you enter this home, do so with reverence and awe. For within this home dwells one of God’s many creatures, in fact it is God’s greatest creature. You see this creature is a MOTHER OF A MARINE.

She has a special gift. She nurtures this gift in her womb for nine months. She then suffers excruciating pain which in an instant turns into uncontrollable tears of joy. She raises this gift, protects it, teaches it, and keeps it safe and warm. Then one day she presents her gift to America.

This special gift gives all Americans the right to worship God in whatever manner they choose, at whatever time or place. It gives Americans the right to shop where they want, live where they want, marry who they want, work and travel where they want. It gives them the right to say what they want. Yet sadly there are those who thru ignorance may speak evilly or despitefully of it.

But this gift has brought safety and security to America and many other far flung places around the globe.

This precious gift is an UNITED STATES MARINE.

Only she knows the fear of an unexpected call, breaking news bulletin or the most dreaded of all, the knock on her door.

So as you enter this home, bow your head and silently thank God for his greatest of all creatures the MOTHER OF A MARINE

Douglas F. ***
    Written the last night of my son’s Crucible to his loving Mother.
    9/21/06