Mos 3xx
Create Post

Thread: Mos 3xx

Mos 3xx

I joined with the hopes of doing infantry and either becoming a Scout sniper or a Recon Marine. About a week or two before hand my recruiter ask for are job choices I gave him mine the next day and was second in line on his list to submit for contracts and I choose in this order UV (security force), HH(infantry 5 year), and ch(combat camera).However, after waiting for about a month to get contracts he told me that I did not get any of the three after the contracts had been in for a week. Afterwards, I asked what could I do and he replied pick from what is left and get a contract then I can put you on a waiting list for the job the security force or infantry; I put in for accounting that was about a month ago and still I have no contract and I ship in 19 days and when I asked him what is going on, he says that there is a code that messed up my paper work and that is why I have not been issued a mos. I feel like I'm getting weaseled here I was told that there was five contracts for accounting now there is two apparently and my paper work is still messed up. Should I wait for infantry to open up, because I heard it was very difficult to lat move into and there is not point to waste the Marine Corps money for a mos I do not want.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    do you want to be a Marine or not?...obviously accounting is not infantry, not even close. But if that's your only choice....

Tigerotter,

In my honest opinion, if you want infantry then tell your recruiter that you don't want to ship unless you have a infantry mos. When I enlisted, I told my recruiter exactly what I wanted and that was Aviation mechanic. The next day he told me I got the slot. I would not of shipped out unless I got aviation mechanic, because I am not going to do a job that is not even remotely what I am interested in. I may not be able to pick my specific job, but I WILL have a say on what field I go into.

BOTTOM LINE:
    - I think you should tell your recruiter (in the most respectful way possible) that you want infantry and that you are willing to wait as long as need be to get it. There is nothing wrong with not compromising on a job you really want.

Hope this helped,
    Lcpl Lehr

Failure is not an option being told to lay down and take whatever is not me thank you, you helped me chose I'm going to wait or go down and talk to the people at meps who are suppose to fix my paper work.

I will say this though, the Marine Corps is downsizing and the demand for infantry is not what it once was. I would not be surprised if you have to wait till next october before another slot opens up, and who knows if a slot will open up for you. What is your plan B?

I am not sure but I will find a way.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerotter View Post
    I am not sure but I will find a way.
    Write a letter to your congressman, I am sure they can get you a Recon Scout Sniper contract. If you write multiple they can probably get you Cpl. out of bootcamp too.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerotter View Post
    I joined with the hopes of doing infantry and either becoming a Scout sniper or a Recon Marine. About a week or two before hand my recruiter ask for are job choices I gave him mine the next day and was second in line on his list to submit for contracts and I choose in this order UV (security force), HH(infantry 5 year), and ch(combat camera).However, after waiting for about a month to get contracts he told me that I did not get any of the three after the contracts had been in for a week. Afterwards, I asked what could I do and he replied pick from what is left and get a contract then I can put you on a waiting list for the job the security force or infantry; I put in for accounting that was about a month ago and still I have no contract and I ship in 19 days and when I asked him what is going on, he says that there is a code that messed up my paper work and that is why I have not been issued a mos. I feel like I'm getting weaseled here I was told that there was five contracts for accounting now there is two apparently and my paper work is still messed up. Should I wait for infantry to open up, because I heard it was very difficult to lat move into and there is not point to waste the Marine Corps money for a mos I do not want.

Go to: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...-Question-Here

Specifically...read Post #5.

We certainly would not want to waste someone as talented as you in a boring pogue job like accounting. You have scout sniper written all over you!

This is what a true scout sniper would do. Go back to your recruiter, stick your thumb in your mouth, and whine while you tell him you will not tolerate being weasled any longer and that you are willing to wait as long as it takes to get a contract you want. Next October, when the new MOS allocations come out, go back and remind him you are still waiting just like you said you would. He will appreciate you hanging tough just like a scout sniper would and work even harder to get you what you want. Afterall, it's not about earning the title, it's all about you becoming a super grunt.

Or, grow a pair, take what is offered you. Go to bootcamp, earn the title, and become the best damned accountant the USMC has ever seen!

TOP,

He stated that he put in for accounting after being told there was not boat space for Infantry, Security Forces and Combat Camera.

Out of the 5 spaces for accounting only 2 left and he shipout in 19 days.

TigerRotter,

Ask what code is that has your paper work screwed up.

S/F,
    CEYA!

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Write a letter to your congressman, I am sure they can get you a Recon Scout Sniper contract. If you write multiple they can probably get you Cpl. out of bootcamp too.
    lol has writing a letter to ones congressman ever worked?

(Side note did you recently pick up joseph? thought you were a lance a little while ago)

Thread Information