Canadian wanting to become a Marine
Create Post

Canadian wanting to become a Marine

Hi there ,
    I'm a 23 year old male looking into the process of getting my Greencard to come over to the States to join up, I was in the Canadian Forces in a Reserve Infantry Regiment though getting out because Regular force will not be open for quite sometime though back in 2010 was told it would be open in 2012 the word now is that it's not opening for another few years. I'm not getting any younger & when I came across the Marine recruitment site well I was hooked. The only set back looking at the eligibility page is that I don't have my high school diploma, I went through Cadets ( our equivalent to "Young Marines" ) from 12 - 17 I've known at a young age that Military Service was where I belonged my Father & his three brothers have all served including my Mother.

This means alot to me I know if I were to get in I'd be in for the long haul, any additional information would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time