Combat Photographer
Create Post

Combat Photographer

Hello Marines,

I am looking to Enlist within the next year. And the one and only branch that has ever been on my list is the United States Marine Corps. I love the Honor, Courage, and Commitment of the Corps. I am looking for some more information on an MOS.

The MOS that I'm looking for some information on is the Combat Photographer. I read about the MOS online but I would like some information from experienced CP Marines or Marines who had experience with Combat Photographers.

My choice for this MOS is because I have a passion for photography and history, and I see it as capturing moments of history for the Corps.

I also want to have the honor of earning the title of United States Marine and be along side the best that this country can offer.

Any and all information is much appreciated.

BV

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 11-06-12 at 06:16 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Sweetpea,

you should read and follow website rules before posting.
    SUCH as, fill in the information to your profile before posting on forums.

As a civilian, you may "hook up" with your friends.
    You "Join Up" maybe in the Army, Navy, AirForce, or perhaps CoastGuard..

BUT , you enlist "into" the MarineCorps...

You have to earn the Title of US Marine

now go fill in your profile before a SquadLeader Comes by and
    Jumps on your Carcass

Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Profile completed.
    Thread re-opened.

Thank you Marine. And thank you for your service.

1963 just PM'd me re your interest to become a combat photographer. As was pointed out, I'm Vietnam era cameraman. Briefly the similarities are: you still have to look thru a viewfinder; bullets & shrapnel cannot differentiate between MOS; in the Marine Corps you are a rifleman first (as I can attest being wounded) and photog next. The differences: your hardware is now all digital. You shoot with memory cards and batteries, I with film and destructible cameras (I busted three Nikons in combat). I've posted other threads about combat photog which I recommend you search. If you have other questions, just PM me.

If you can get into photo, (getting harder to go into photojournalism) it's an exciting MOS. You'll have unparalleled access to experiences not usually available to other Marines, i.e., flying back seat in F4 Phantom (shoot air-to-air), going out with recon, etc. Good luck.

Semper Fi,

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding MOS.

Good luck to you.

Thread Information