MCAS Futenma - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCAS Futenma

Was shaving money easier out there for you guys?

Not the first time I blew my money every weekend.
    But the second time I did big time. in fact I made money cause I had a fridge and as a E-5 I could have a fridge and have beer in my room and I did and I sold it to the lower ranks E-4 and below and when I was there in 79 beer was cheap. If a Marine wanted a beer they paid $1.00 a can for bud or anything else I had and I kept my fridge full of beer lets put it this way I always had money to send home..
    Do yourself a favor get yourself a camera and stereo equipment while your there it's so much cheaper there..and if you do get a camera if you do take LOTS OF PICTURES AND POST THEM !!!!! and keep them for later on in life to have and remember your time there..
    I didn't and now I'm kicking myself in the azz for that..

Sounds good, 'll definetly take pictures of my adventures and such.

I was there in 1990 and it is the best of all the bases on the island. They had a little restaurant at the bottom of the hill from it call "My House" best Yakisoba I have ever had. Like the other Marine said plenty of beach time, scuba time, and cliff diving at Bolo Point. Enjoy!!

It can defiantly be easier it depends on what you do, become a barracks rat and save all your money and chill out. Or you spend your money on activities, its up to you. Things are not as cheap as they once were in oki. I think right now was like 120 yen to the dollar. Which is is not all that great.

Thread Information