Question regarding mental disorders/prescriptions
Closed Thread

Question regarding mental disorders/prescriptions

I have a serious love for the Corps and I plan to enlist very soon. However, recently, I went to the doctor to talk about anxiety. He prescriped me cymbalta, which is an antidepressant, and also gave me some samples. I stuck with the samples for about 2 weeks before throwing them away because they made me feel tired all the time. I never went to a pharmacy to get the prescription filled. Does this disqualify me from enlistment?

Thanks in advance.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    If you weren't officially diagnosed with anything I don't see a problem but if you seriously have anxiety issues I would second guess joining the Corps if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    If you weren't officially diagnosed with anything I don't see a problem but if you seriously have anxiety issues I would second guess joining the Corps if I were you.
    Hello, thank you for the reply.

My anxiety issues have always been mild. I've been victim to sweaty hands, cold chills, tremors etc. but I've never really lost my cool or went crazy (then again, I've never been shot at either). I actively face my fears in order to keep it under control. If, however, it still seems too serious I will reconsider maybe another branch.

Thanks again!

Credits
    Savings
    Read the rules, fill out your profile..

Do what you're supposed to do ,,

and you'll have no anxiety ......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread closed until profile is completed per site rules.

When profile completed, you can PM me or any other Squad Leader/Admin to have the thread re-opened.

Thread Information